Raynaud's phenomenon

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Raynaud's phenomenon

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:41 pm

I just want to know with those people that have Raynaud's phenomenon do you react badly after being out in the cold :?:

I know this is an agrivated issue but last night after being out in the wind and cold my face / forehead and neck can out in a huge rash like i had been sunburnt. It burned all evening and skin was red raw.

It happened last winter and as the weather has changed its starting again and not sure if its the Raynaud's phenomenon or something else rearing its head as its only been last winter and now that its effecting me where iv had Raynaud's phenomenon for countless years and years and only had the odd burning nose / hands from coming into the warm from cold.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Raynaud's phenomenon

Postby denys » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Maybe your skin has become even more sensitive Lisa, if I have been out in the cold the same rashy type thing happens to me and my skin ends up feeling really dry and tight
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:56 pm

When I was working Lisa, one of my colleagues had Raynauds, and sometimes when it was either very very cold and or very stressful, she would sometimes come in with her face looking sunburnt, for want of a better description. From what she said (bearing in mind this is a long time ago) her doc treated it as if was an aspect of Raynauds.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SuzyVB » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:12 pm

I have raynauds & it mainly affects my hands & feet but occasionally my nose. I now take nifedipine twice a day from around now right through until the weather improves in spring. I've been doing that for 3 years & it seems to help loads. My trigger to start taking it is when the daytime temp averages below 14 degrees
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks...

Could also be Cold Urticaria as i already suffer from idiopathic hives and this will co-inside with timing :roll: guess i wont know until i see my GP
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby kitten » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:20 pm

On hols this year when I went for a walk along the waters edge( think most of us walk with hands down) the back of my hands were red and my fingers where white didn't take much notice at first but then it happened most times ,thought how can you have sunburnt hands and white fingers, :roll: :lol:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Lisa....I have had Raynauds for years. If I go out in the cold I get the same reaction on my face. It looks like it is really burned.

Some days I can't make it to the truck before my fingers and nose are stinging with pain. Last winter, now don't laugh here, last year I swear my eyes iced up. On days where it was around. -20C my eyes would feel so cold and it looked like I was looking through glazed glass. My eyes hurt for a long time after.

I always carry a light pair of gloves in my bag, even in the summer. In the grocery shop picking up cool items just set my hands off. They change colour and the pain starts.

Stress can also set your symptoms off. Whenever I have had surgery and it has been lots, the nurses always wrap me in warm sheets before and after surgery. They say it is the stress. Mental stress also triggers it.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks whoami...

Forgot to come back and say that my symptoms were caused by hives as im now reacting to cold. Having had raynauds for many many years this just didnt feel right and different. Now i know :roll:
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems