Feet, thirst etc. Anyone else?!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feet, thirst etc. Anyone else?!

Postby SuperCat007 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:36 am

Hi, I hope you're all well (enough...)

Not a very good title, sorry! I was up for about 2 1/2 hours last night with incredibly itchy feet and I just wondered if anybody else had it?

Basic back story... Since I had my wisdom teeth removed in April I have been un-recognisably better, but I have developed some other symptoms...

Firstly I have put on about a stone and a half in weight which is great because I have been battling with GP's about my 'anorexia' for years. :roll: But since that I have been getting incredibly itchy feet at night and also needing to get up to go to the loo multiple times. Sometimes 4-5 times an hour for 2-3 hours. I'm also very thirsty all the time, but that isn't unusual because since I was diagnosed (about 7 years ago) I have been very thirsty. I also keep developing an 'itch' (if you see what I mean) which isn't thrush (I have seen a Dr about it), but which seems to be related to my sugar intake.

I have been tested in the past for diabetes, thyroid problems etc and predictably they have not shown any real results which would make GP's act. But I have also had a blood sugar problem (mostly hypoglycemia) since I became ill. Again it is un-diagnosed but I know I have it.

Basically does anybody else experience this and how to you treat the itchy feet?! I am going to try to eat my meal at night earlier and restrict water intake from about 7 pm to help ease the needing the loo. But the feet are what really keep me up at night, they are red hot, burning and tingling like pins and needles. It is incredibly uncomfortable...

Just to add I am going to see the Dr this afternoon about it all. I also know I probably should have gone a lot sooner, but I have been quite busy with my new found life so somehow in 6 months I haven't quite got around to it!

Thanks for reading. :-)
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Feet, thirst etc. Anyone else?!

Postby kazisedso » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Supercat,

I am by no means medically trained but what you are describing sounds suspiciously like diabetes.... The thirst ... Going to the loo and even itchy feet can be symptoms of it... So maybe worth getting it checked again....

I too get bouts of low blood sugar, resulting in uncontrollable shakes and when this happens if I eat something sweet within 5-10 mins the shakes subside. I too have been tested for diabetes and that was all ok, not diabetic, but I do believe I have some sort of blood sugar problem at times.

Hope you can get it sorted with your gp , all the best.

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby kazisedso » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Oh ...., forgot to say that I get really itchy soles of my feet at night sometimes.

It can get that bad that no matter what I use to relieve the itch nothing works and I have drawn blood and made my feet really sore. Have even resorted to using a rough foot file to try and get rid of the itch !! But doesn't work!! They still itch like mad!! Would live to know what causes it, it doesn't happen every night but every few nights.
Placing your feet on something cold helps a bit.

Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi,
If it is not an issue with anything like diabetes, the itching could be some sort of neuropathic sensation relating to your Fibro.
Are you taking anything like Pregabalin or Gabapentin for neuropathic pain? If not, it might be worth a try. If you are, it may be worth having a word with your GP about upping the dose a bit. Just a thought??
I should certainly have a word with your Doc about the itching, as it's really interfering with your sleep which of course could make your Fibro symptoms worse.
Do be careful about reducing your fluid intake without being advised to do so by your Doctor.

Hope you are able to get some relief and that this problem improves for you very soon.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby SuperCat007 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi, thanks for the replies. My appointment is in about an hour so we will see...

I don't take any medication for Fibro anymore because like I said I have been loads better since my teeth were removed. Even then I didn't take anything like that for it. The only medication changes I have made are coming off codeine and meloxicam because I didn't want to/need to take them (all under Dr's advice/knowledge).

Also, the feet have been every night for about 5 months. I honestly can't remember a night where I have slept all the way through because of them and needing the loo etc. I have resorted to sleeping with an ice pack on them, last night I had to get a second ice pack because the first one was too warm!
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby Ashton » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:15 am

Yes I have awfull problems with my feet at night they burn and tingle and feel red hot cant bear to have covers on them.get up often and run a cold shower on them although as soon as I go back to bed it starts again
Ashton
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems