Are these GAD symptoms?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Are these GAD symptoms?

Postby gibbo82 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm suffering really bad at the mo, and was wondering if anyone has any tips?. When ever my body feels a new symptom, new sort of pain, especially in the chest area. it makes these GAD like symptoms kick..

I get a flush, tingling sensation throughout my body, I begin to feel hot in the face, and my hands start to sweat really badly! Then my hands go cold!. I start to feel fidgety & panicky. Can anybody relate to this?

Are these classic symptoms of GAD?
I can't control these feelings no matter what I do! :;

Can anyone share advice?

Many thanks

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Are these GAD symptoms?

Postby heatherp » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Have never been diagnosed with this but can relate to the symptoms you describe, chest pains, tingling, dry mouth, pins and needles etc etc Have been to doctors once after feeling this way, she said its a kind of panic attack. Gave me some diazepam but also prescribed homeopathic aconite to take if I start feeling it beginning. Haven't been too bad lately so not sure if tablets helped or not yet.
heatherp
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 pm

heatherp wrote:Have never been diagnosed with this but can relate to the symptoms you describe, chest pains, tingling, dry mouth, pins and needles etc etc Have been to doctors once after feeling this way, she said its a kind of panic attack. Gave me some diazepam but also prescribed homeopathic aconite to take if I start feeling it beginning. Haven't been too bad lately so not sure if tablets helped or not yet.

I'm on 50mg of sertraline, but that doesn't help for these symptoms.

The symptoms are instant, like a automatic thing, that I have no control over!! It's horrible :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby Johafa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:25 pm

I suffer from fibro and I have these symptoms... usually related to a noise of some kind. It is a form of panic attack. Usually I just take deep breaths, It doesn't do much good. I've mentioned it to my GP and she said it's part of this condition and nothing was prescribed for it. I have those attacks several times a week if not a day.
Johafa
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm

I have anxiety issues, and experience the kinds of things you have mentioned, so they may be anxiety related. However, I also have Diabetes, and when my glucose levels are going LaaLaa, I also experience very similar symptoms with that, so I hope you'll appreciate that we can't say that it definitely is GAD or something else.

To find out you need to start off with a GP visit. Maybe keep a diary for a while with details of what you experience, times, places, situations, what was going off around you etc and then take it with you to see what your GP thinks. The clearer, overall picture you can create, the more it can help with getting those answers you're looking for.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:30 am

I was about to write everything fluppy said except...it is hubby who is diabetic.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 am

Sorry but what is GAD? probably know it but can't think at the moment

Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:47 am

Iceskatemum wrote:Sorry but what is GAD? probably know it but can't think at the moment

General Anxiety Disorder....that's my vote!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:42 am

Does sound like a panic attack although many other issues as above can be the cause also mendication. Have you upped a med? changed meds? Have you had alot of stress on?

CBT therapy can help control the attacks ask GP for more information if this is the cause.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:21 pm

whoami wrote:
Iceskatemum wrote:Sorry but what is GAD? probably know it but can't think at the moment

General Anxiety Disorder....that's my vote!

It's General Anxiety Disorder, as whoami has said, another of those little extras that FM decides to give some of us :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm sure we'd be far better in ourselves if it wasn't so "generous" to us :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems