Numbness/weird sensations

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numbness/weird sensations

Postby hullabaloo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:23 am

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if numbness/tingling/strange sensations are a part of fibro or if it is likely to be a symptom of something else. I get this (not all of the time but frequently) down the left side of my left hand, thigh and foot. It can feel like the sensation has been reduced or it can get tingly. Sometimes it just feels odd when I touch these parts - almost like what it feels like if your leg has gone to sleep from you sitting on it and you are just starting to get the feeling back if that makes sense? Occasionally I have also got complete numbness. I have brought this up with my dr but he has said to put it to the back of my mind at the moment and concentrate on getting my sleep and pain under control. However, it really freaks me out and he couldn't give me a conclusive answer as to whether this is caused by fibro or if it could be something else. Does anyone have any similar experiences?
hullabaloo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Numbness/weird sensations

Postby Garyl » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:01 am

I get that all time and the sleep problem is the worse thing because of it,not sure what can be done to relieve the situation though, and have been trying to get the pain under control failing though, taking 2 zapain tabs 3 times daily and then at night i take 2 dihydrocodine and 2 500 mg paracetomol not working been 3 months now will see doctor about this,wont have amitriptyline as it makes me paranoid
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:46 am

Lack of proper sleep can do weird things to our bodies. You have made your Dr aware but keep reminding him if it continues. Since I use my CPAP my sleep has really got a lot better. Not necessarily the amount but the quality.
All you can do is do what the Dr suggests but keep him on top of your symptoms also.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Numbness, tingling, and other strange sensations can be a part of FM, and do affect quite a few of us in various ways. There can be other causes tho, so it should never be assumed that it is a simply another FM issue. If there are any changes to what is experienced, or additional sensations are being felt, it's always best to talk to your GP about it, just to be sure about things.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Yes, I get this too - sometimes one small area (e.g. a finger) sometimes who body areas e.g. leg. I don#t have any other health issues so always assume it's the fibro
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby catscout » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey.

Every night I wake up several times with tingly fingers, numb arms and hands, sore shoulders etc and when I heave myself over to a different position because of my back pain. Glad in a way it's not only me although I feel bad that others are feeling this way too.

I will be mentioning it to the doc when I see him, but is there really much he can do? Sorry your Doc wasn't much help. I hear that as some docs can't help with FB they don't even help with the individual symptoms.

Good luck I hope the sleeping better helps you out, I'm hoping it will me.

XX
catscout
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems