fluid retention in arms and legs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fluid retention in arms and legs

Postby seona36 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi. I,m getting really bad fluid retention in my legs and now feeling it in my arms. Is this related to Fibro and ME??Sometimes its so bad in my legs that the capillaries are bursting.
seona36
UKFM Newbie

Re: fluid retention in arms and legs

Postby zappa20 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:33 am

See your GP. Could be a side effect of a medication your'e taking or any number of things. Legs will swell if seated or standing for long periods of time , especially if carrying extra weight. Is the swelling constant or does it go down overnight after lying flat. Would still speak to a GP.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:08 am

I would also suggest going to your Dr. Your symptoms could be a variety of things.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:34 am

I'd like to cast my vote for seeing your GP as well :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: As has already been said, there could be a number of reasons that are responsible for you retaining fluid in your body, all of which need investigating to be sure that you get the appropriate treatment for it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debsmith » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Hia I'd defo see dr to be honest I had swollen feet/hands my gp told me its due to the gabrepentin I take amongst others but to be safe doctor! I soak my feet in water not freezing tho tepid and raise feet above heart good luck to you let us know whar dr said xxx :goodluck2:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby MsBabylove11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 pm

I get this on and off as with all the other crazy symptoms and the doc gave me some diuretic tabs, they help but will make u use the bathroom every 15 mins sometimes for hours! It took me a long time to realise that my leg pain was from the swelling! Also I read somewhere that it may actually be caused by being dehydrated and the body wanting to hold on to fluids! This makes sense to me as I'm terrible for not drinking enough water as I rarely feel thirsty! Hope you get to the bottom of it xxxx
MsBabylove11
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems