Peri - menopause

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Peri - menopause

Postby chookie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I came and posted on here, I have been very busy with finishing my Complementary Therapies course and now I have started on my 2 year part time Clinical Comp Foundation Degree. I am glad I have something to concentrate on as these symptoms could feel a hell of a lot worse :(

I went to see my GP today after her prescribed Cerazette mini pill for my hormone troubles and he has asked me to have my bloods done again to rule out the thyroid.... again.... He has suggested that I have symptoms of the peri - menopause at the age of 38, which is not serious for me as I already have a daughter and don't wish for more kiddies now.

I am quite relieved about this diagnosis as he could give me Pregabalin for the sweats, tiredness and all that goes with it. In fact, I didn't think I had Fibro after all, especially when the Cerazette worked for all of a month and then stopped, bringing my symptoms back again.

Has anyone else had this drug at all, I see it can be used for Fibromyalgia and it can also work for menopausal symptoms, sounds good to me but I expect weight gain might be a draw back. I have lost half a stone lately, not that I needed to, but I feel less bloated because I also have IBS.
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Peri - menopause

Postby denys » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Both my daughters are on this and it helps with a lot of their hormonal problems so hopefully it will start to have some positive results for you again
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby debsmith » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Hia my name is debbie like u I have pre menopause I'm 43 and recently diagnosed with fibro I'm guna go bk to dr as I'm bleeding sooooooo bad when I do get a period!! Like u I get sweats esp at night! I take pregablin,anatriptiline,butrans patches and co-codimal a right cocktail! I should sleep but don't leaves me very tiered all day every day ill post on here once I've seen gp re:periods/menopause pregablin at times makes me feel sick but takes edge of things only do u get burning feet? I do yukkkkk!!!!! I have just got a memory foam mattress and WOW!!!!! What a huge differance comfort wize do u get good and bad days? Mine bad 1 today grrrrrrr!!!! Does any one else suffer from calpol tunnel+tennis elbow??? Had surgery right side elbow op great but calpol tunnel coming bk again grr! Surgen won't do left side til right thumb sorted as post op I think I have trigger finger to add to list! I'm in wiltshire and can't seem to find a support group sending hugs 2u and hope ur not suffering to much so glad I found this site too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :crazy: :crazy: xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Menopause seems to be coming earlier to women. I started peri-menopause in my early 30's and had my last period at 40 The Dr put me on estrogen and progesterone when I was just in my early 40's the sweats were horrible. With the med it is 100% better.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Lizzyear » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi Everyone, :-D :-D
Just reading your posts on peri menapousal. I suffered terribly, like you Debbie my periods were drastically heavy. :shock: I went in for a completely different op and my consultant said my iron levels were so low ,he very nearly didn't operate! I was on iron tablets for a LONG, long time. I then went privately to try to get something done about them, because I just felt terrible as my periods lasted for weeks!! The consultant did an op and I can't remember the medical name, but basically he took all the lining of my womb away, so I would never bleed again. :clap: Really simple op in respect I was in and out in a day, had tummy pain, like ad period pain for a few days........and I have never bled since! I only wish I'd known this operation existed years ago! Much less invasive than other Gyne alternatives!!
Hope the info helps. :-o
Gentle hugs, take care, :grouphug:
Lizzyrandall
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:57 am

Lizzyear wrote:Hi Everyone, :-D :-D
Just reading your posts on peri menapousal. I suffered terribly, like you Debbie my periods were drastically heavy. :shock: I went in for a completely different op and my consultant said my iron levels were so low ,he very nearly didn't operate! I was on iron tablets for a LONG, long time. I then went privately to try to get something done about them, because I just felt terrible as my periods lasted for weeks!! The consultant did an op and I can't remember the medical name, but basically he took all the lining of my womb away, so I would never bleed again. :clap: Really simple op in respect I was in and out in a day, had tummy pain, like ad period pain for a few days........and I have never bled since! I only wish I'd known this operation existed years ago! Much less invasive than other Gyne alternatives!!
Hope the info helps. :-o
Gentle hugs, take care, :grouphug:
Lizzyrandall

It is called an. Endrometrial Abation. The endrometrium is removed from the uterus to stop heavy bleeding. There is a slight chance of it growing back.

I hope all goes well and this procedure is successful.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems