Liver clinic

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Liver clinic

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Anyone had to be referred to liver clinic?
I have FM, psoriasis, arthritis. I had bloods done at my rheumatology appointment and the liver test came back abnormal so I had them redone a week later, still rising abnormally. So now I have been referred to the liver clinc and gastroenterology and have to go for an ultrasound.
Anyone else have any experience of this with FM.
They are thinking it maybe MS causing everything going belly up?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Re: Liver clinic

Postby denys » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Sorry havent been sent to a liver clinic, have always had dodgy blood results back (liver function tests) but they go up then down then up again so nothing has ever been done about it. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:they sort you out quickly and its nothing to worry about :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:32 pm

I have been and got diagnosed with auto immune hepatitis just before Christmas. started immediately on steroids. very ill at the moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby pommybear » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:37 pm

that is horrid news for you I really hope the steroids help and hope you dont feel so ill
pommybear
UKFM Member

Postby Chelle39 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 pm

I am currently under going the stages of liver testing - had 3 abnormal results since October 13. Next round of tests on Monday - will then apparently decide on a next step. They don't know what's caused it - I'm
Wondering if it's meds??? Anyone else have this due to meds or FM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chelle39
UKFM Newbie

Postby pommybear » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:01 pm

My liver blood tests always come back high I went to the liver clinic who said I had a fatty liver and gallstones but nothing was said .I think the meds don't help.
pommybear
UKFM Member

Postby Nikkijaynebrown » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:47 pm

When I was diagnosed with fm the rheumatologist sent me for a blood test for liver function, when the results came back they said the Gamma GT was more than double what it should be, I was then asked if I drank a lot of alcohol as this is common in alcoholics but I don't drink at all. I had regular blood tests for nearly two years and an ultrasound scan on my liver which was normal the doctors also tried stoping and restarting different meds but it made no difference. Finally after nearly two years and every doctor who looked at my records asking if I has an alcohol problem my Gamma GT was normal again no explanation why nothing but, I recently had another ultrasound scan on my abdomen which was all clear except I now have a fatty liver,, again a sign of alcohol use, I have just had another blood test for liver function which all came back fine Gamma GT is still normal. My GP has said they can't do anything for a fatty liver so it's been left at that, but my GP has never said it may be linked to FM so would be interesting to know if there is some link. :-)
Nikkijaynebrown
UKFM Newbie

Postby hippychick » Sun May 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Nikkijaynebrown wrote:When I was diagnosed with fm the rheumatologist sent me for a blood test for liver function, when the results came back they said the Gamma GT was more than double what it should be, I was then asked if I drank a lot of alcohol as this is common in alcoholics but I don't drink at all. I had regular blood tests for nearly two years and an ultrasound scan on my liver which was normal the doctors also tried stoping and restarting different meds but it made no difference. Finally after nearly two years and every doctor who looked at my records asking if I has an alcohol problem my Gamma GT was normal again no explanation why nothing but, I recently had another ultrasound scan on my abdomen which was all clear except I now have a fatty liver,, again a sign of alcohol use, I have just had another blood test for liver function which all came back fine Gamma GT is still normal. My GP has said they can't do anything for a fatty liver so it's been left at that, but my GP has never said it may be linked to FM so would be interesting to know if there is some link. :-)

I'm also another 'fatty liver' fibromite! Nice to know I'm not alone, but then I know I'm not :lol: My story is pretty much the same as yours where my liver function test results were, (and still are), coming back at over double what they should be and the first time my GP asked how much I drink which was way back in 2005, I replied, 'well I did have several glasses of champagne at my daughter's wedding last year' :crazy: Suffice to say, eventually, I was just diagnosed as having a 'fatty liver' and left at that BUT......

whether or not it's connected to fibro, I reckon the jury's still out on that to be honest because one of my nephews who has also been diagnosed with a fatty liver, (and is teetotal), is also a fibromite! Spooky huh? So in my opinion, I reckon there defo COULD be a link even if there's no published medical evidence on this, maybe it would be useful if some medical student did the research for their thesis or whatever it's called :-?

As per usual though, fibromyalgia isn't exactly considered a high priority where research is concerned with it not supposedly being a life threatening condition. Well, it might be if I can ever locate those hari kari knives my hubby keeps hiding from me :crazy:

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems