Sleep without a doubt

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep without a doubt

Postby TATT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

I honestly believe, without a doubt that sleep is one of the major contributors to keeping us ill.

When I get quality restorative sleep consecultly, I start to feel better. I still have to take my meds but boy do I forget I am ill. Then when it changes back, boom I am back in fibro land.

For me I wish they would create a pill that relaxed my muscles so I was not tensing all the time, and a non addictive sleeping pill and I truly believe this fibro would go.

Sharing my thoughts of the day :idea:
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep without a doubt

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm with you on the sleep idea TATT. When I was a child I was plagued with throat infections to the point where I'd be at school one week, then off the following one with yet another one. As well as constantly being on anti~bs, the one thing that made the difference was being able to sleep myself better. I'd wake up for my meds and a drink and to go to the bathroom, but the rest of the time I was :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: until I started to feel better, and then I'd start to spend a little more time awake each day until I was back to a more "normal" routine.

Since FM tho, that has gone out of the window :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: And it's a real killer for me :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: I know that getting some decent sleep would make a massive difference to how I am, and that bit of feeling~betterness would then tend to filter out to other areas and help with improving them.

I don't know whether it would help it go, but for me at least, it would definitely help improve how I think and feel.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby zappa20 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:34 am

TATT wrote:I honestly believe, without a doubt that sleep is one of the major contributors to keeping us ill.

When I get quality restorative sleep consecultly, I start to feel better. I still have to take my meds but boy do I forget I am ill. Then when it changes back, boom I am back in fibro land.

For me I wish they would create a pill that relaxed my muscles so I was not tensing all the time, and a non addictive sleeping pill and I truly believe this fibro would go.

Sharing my thoughts of the day :idea:

Totally agree. I got rid of Fibro by managing to do improve my sleep from waking every hour to having a few then several hours sleep wthout waking. Took a few months. I used 5-htp tablets, a natural seratonin booster recognised but not prescribed by doctors and Kalms tablets.Imagine Valerian would also work instead of Kalms. . [url]You CAN'T take 5-htp if you are taking any anti depressant medications or SSRI's etc.[/url] Thought I better underline the importance of this on a forum. Also I only buy vitamins and things like this from a a UK based and UK quality control regulated company as I don't trust anything from the high street etc.

Was 100% sure in my case undiagnosed severe anemia which had given me terrible headaches and insomnia had caused my stress and sleep disorder. Based on that and some other info on Fibro, was 100% convinced improving my sleep routine would fix it. I also used tecniques such as when my mind got busy when trying to drop off, pulling it back and concentrating on a single object only. My choice of object , wait for it- was an Oxo cube. lol. But it worked for me. Best wishes
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:43 am

I also agree sleep plays a huge factor in how we feel.

Since I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine I sleep much better. I now get a couple of hours where I don't wake up , that I know of. I may still wake because I stop breathing but I don't realize now and get out of bed.

With getting that better sleep I do wake up more refreshed even if I only slept for 2hours. A good sleep is not a cure but helps.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems