swollen knee + numbness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swollen knee + numbness

Postby debsmith » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Hia seems to be 1 thing after another :( dr,s today re: swollen knee he said I have rhumatoid arthritis doubt I've given correct spelling! He gave me 7.5mg of meloxicam has anyone else had these medz? + I keep getting sharp pain on outer right side of thigh then it goes numb he said its a pinched nerve as I have S1/L5 ( slipped disc ) only a short time ago diagnosed with fibro and now just 1 thing after another GRR!!! Feel quite fed up + relieved I'm not at work this week A/L filled in pip today and I had someone come from a advise point to "guide" me threw form now just have to sign + send but he was saying how hard its guna b to get it yet I have so many differant things I hope I get it anyone else had any joy with pip? Thanks debbie xx :crazy: :crazy:
debsmith
UKFM Member

Re: swollen knee + numbness

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm not wanting to make you :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but there is a massive backlog of claims all the way thru the system. Whilst DWP claim that it is due to the number of applications they have received, in reality it's due to systems not being set up properly. Atos claimed they would have several hundred assessors trained and "in the field" by now, but that have struggled to come up with even a tenth of their original figures. And because there are 2 bodies doing the assessments, Atos and Capita, each with their own system which aren't compatible with each other, additional work is being created so that they are all in the same form/style and can be used with what DWP is running system~wise.

This all adds up to each claim seeming to take a number of months to work it's way thru to the decision making point, instead of the number of weeks they said each one would be completed in :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: swollen knee + numbness

Postby debsmith » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Thank u fluppypuffy for ur reply jeeeeeeezzzzzz!!!! That's madness!! So I guess ill b waiting a long long time for a response not good is it? I wanted to apply for it as even tho I work 27hrs its really making me feel awful!!! I get home + cannot do a thing my dear daughter has too! Bless her she's so good :) I'm guna send with it lots of letter,s from my hospital and saw gp to let him know he may get something from them he's fine with that I'm very lucky he's supportive!! Phew!! And appt @ painclinic 20th nov so I can let her know aswell ill let u know ( if ) I get anything back............yawn! Lol! But its not good :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: xxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems