MRI Results - Pineal Cyst?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MRI Results - Pineal Cyst?

Postby Wackers34 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi all

I had my MRI results back today through a letter in the post...courtesy of good old NHS

As I have been getting a lot of neurological symptoms, like twitching, vision problems, sleep problems I was a bit worried it might be MS or something along those lines...

The results say they have found a cyst on the pineal gland and its believed to be benign...No advice on how to manage this, what treatment, is it dangerous, follow ups etc blah blah blah

So in my frustration of lack of advice I did the dreaded google for this....and guess what, not a lot of info...some say it causes symptoms (very much like fibro) some say it doesnt cause any symptoms...some say its rare...

Pineal gland helps produce melatonin, which might explain some of my severe sleep problems...

Problem is, it could have always been there and i might not have known...and the fibro could run along side it...

Question - does anyone else have this? Anyone heard of this? Can this co exist with fibro? I need help....

The first thing I am going to do is make an appoitment with my doc and ask for another consultation referral to the neuro again so I can ask all these questions...that seems a sensible option
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: MRI Results - Pineal Cyst?

Postby Wackers34 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:50 pm

wow thanks Tina

Thats sort of good to know there is someone else the same...What happens next for you? Do you have to get it monitored? Do you g back to the docs to ask questions? Ive had visual problems, dizziness for years, but assumed it was nothing...Could it have been that? Or is it fibro? Perhaps many people have them and have just not had MRIs to show them up

Ive got so many questions - i think because its the brain it seems frightening :o(
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Looks like Tinas post has gone walk abouts or deleted :?:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Had a look but can't see anything that has been done by Tina :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Found Tinas post on Facebook

I have just found out exactly the same I was told if it is smaller than 1cm they won't do anything but if it is 1cm or bigger they then have to consider intervention I have the symptoms very much like a stroke lost use of one side,clumsiness , forgetting things very confused blurred vision and more.x
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby coz1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Wow i must say i was abit stunned when i saw your post,as 18 months ago they gave me a head mri because of bad migraines some so bad i was hospitalized for 3 and 4 days.
Loads more tests but they found a small pineal cyst in the brain all i was told by letter was its nothing to worry about,so i asked my gp whom said its quiet common and nothing to worry about unless it grows :crazy: well how will i know that :yikes:
I did look on the internet but decided as my treatment for fibro had made these migraines subside i will leave it be.
So if you do find more info that i should take notice of please let me know !!! :-?
coz1
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:35 pm

coz1 - wow, can't believe there was one and now two with this pineal cyst thing!

Do you think it causes you sleep issues? I have had sleep issues all my life and they have been so bad this last year its affecting my life very much. if not probably the fibro and is just coincidental. I guess we could have always had these cysts and never known

Im going on Mon to discuss it - will let you know if I find anything...i think at least I would like a follow up MRI in the future to have at least something to compare it to. I haven't had headaches / migraines - only eye pain
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby coz1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Wackers 34
Did you get any joy out of your gp and the results of the cyst? are they going to check up to compare.
Hope they sort out your sleep problem theirs nothing worse.Oh apart from the pain that is :crazy:
yes eye pain is awful.
:goodluck1:
coz1
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi Coz

No - the doctor said if there was any need for follow up the neuro would have said. I guess I have to trust her and the neuro. Perhaps the first symptom would be headaches and I don't get these. I have however had my adrenals tested recently and its found I have adrenal exhaustion (private clinic)
Going to start a new post about this :o)
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems