Head pain and vomiting...FMS?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Head pain and vomiting...FMS?

Postby felinefine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:28 am

Hi all

I was admitted to hospital Tues morn with the same symptoms as my stroke in July, massive head pain and vomiting. This is the 7th admittance since then. I have had CT scans every time and a MRI/MRA this time and showing that the artery in my neck is still damaged. but no evidence of more strokes.

Neuro Docs are saying they think these episodes are linked to my FMS although I never suffered these head pains prior to the stroke, and they have told me I need to go back to rheumy docs for further investigations. They are saying that these are not migraines due to the symptoms. I have now been put on Gabapentin and waiting to see whether it works.

I have said that I cannot see how this is the FMS as I never had these episodes before the stroke, I can't understand how this can happen I have had FMS for much longer than July.

Is there anyone that also has these symptoms? they happen roughly between 3 to 6 weeks and always have to go to hospital to be assessed and the only meds that clear it is morphine and anti sickness.

xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Re: Head pain and vomiting...FMS?

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:30 pm

I know of many people who have vomiting with migraine whether they have FM or not but i also know people who have had strokes and still suffer migraines.
There is also many FM sufferes who have severe migraines so i suppose what im saying is it could be one or other :dunno: its understandable you would link this with the stroke as you never suffered these attacks before.

I hope the rhumi can do some tests and help diagnose the problem :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Head pain and vomiting...FMS?

Postby felinefine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Lisa

Thank you for your reply, I am very confused and unsure, I've been told as they are not 'typical' migraines I can't take migraine relief due to the damage to my artery in my neck and as they shrink blood vessels. The only relief is morphine but I can't go to hosp every time.

x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems