Lyme Disease?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lyme Disease?

Postby Wackers34 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:50 pm

I just wondered if everyone who has fibro and neuro symptoms have been tested for Lyme Disease?

I live in part of UK where there are lots of forests, and i often used to go walking round them...Sometimes i wonder if my Fibro / cfs is actually Lyme disease, its only because over time I seem to be getting worse instead of stable / better and feeling like i can cope?

If anyone has been tested for this, can they let me know how and what do you ask the doctors for?

Many thanks :o)
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: Lyme Disease?

Postby debsmith » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:47 am

Hia I have been googling lymes too! As same as u my fm not stable either I'm all over the place and like u lots of wooded area,s etc plus every! Time I get bitten dr,s for antibiotics as it always turns into a infection + cellulitis the heat that cums of my arm is bizare! I think nxt time I see my gp ill ask 4 a blood test as u never know if ur doc supportive he "shouldn't" b dismisive!! Its such a shame sooooooo many are!!!! Grrrrr good luck with that and if u get 1 done let us know and same with me xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Re: Lyme Disease?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 am

A friend who has had fibro for years pushed her GP for a test some months ago and is now being treated for and using a diet recommended for Lyme Disease. The problem apparently is that the NHS does not recognise the existence of chronic Lyme disease and thus refuses to treat it. She says her doc agreed just to shut her up.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems