upper back pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

upper back pain

Postby rickysmrs » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi all

Hope you are all keeping as well as you can be. For the past three weeks on and off I have been having stabbing pains in my rib cage left hand side. So far docs have said trapped nerve maybe or muscle strain and have sent me for an xray to rule out other things. The doc has changed my meds to a morphine base to help with the pain which works but wipes any energy i may of had out and im zoned out. I also cannot drive on them so I don't want to stay on them as I don't want to get addicted and I also want to be able to drive when im able which isnt often lol.

I have asked the doc could it just be another fibro symptom but she has said no!!! has or does anyone else have this pain if so do u have an answer as to what may be causing it? Doc is phoning me tomorrow as arranged to see if any better as if not she wants me to have an mri scan, just seems a waste of resourses if it is fibro.

Thank you

Gentle hugs.
rickysmrs
UKFM Member

Re: upper back pain

Postby denys » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:31 pm

There are a lot of things on the left side depending on where on the left side it is so its worth getting things checked out properly
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rickysmrs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:55 pm

well got to the bottom of the pain. ive got a trapped nerve on t5 n t6 got to wait for physio n if that dont work traction. :yikes: but atleast its something diff than fibro lol.
rickysmrs
UKFM Member

Postby Woollydog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:23 pm

I get a lot of pains in my left side - sharp pains around the 2nd rib, which some years ago had me sent to A&E with suspected heart pain. I had all the heart tests, and they found an irregular heartbeat, but nothing to explain the pain. They told me it was most likely digestive but I see more people with FM listing it as a symptom. I also get pain in a tight band for hours at a time, around my left midriff area.
Woollydog
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:44 pm

rickysmrs wrote:well got to the bottom of the pain. ive got a trapped nerve on t5 n t6 got to wait for physio n if that dont work traction. :yikes: but atleast its something diff than fibro lol.

rickysmrs....I am glad that a diagnosis was made but sorry, it must be causing awful pain.

Your diagnosis, once again proves that we should have any new symptom checked by a Dr. Even though we could share similar symptoms as others, the issue could be something else completely. I hope that your treatment works quickly for you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems