Is Raynauds connected to Fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is Raynauds connected to Fibromyalgia

Postby a.lyndon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Just wondered if anyone out there knows if Raynauds is somehow connected with Fibromyalgia. I have, over the years suffered when it's cold, where two or three of my fingers lose their circulation and go white for a while, until I get them warmed up.

Is there any treatment for this, or something else we need to deal with?

Do you need to get a proper diagnosis for it?

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Re: Is Raynauds connected to Fibromyalgia

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Raynauds is an associated condition with FM, it's not unusual to have both of them. Raynauds does need to be dx'd/confirmed by a GP/Doc who will also be able to advise about available treatments (if there are any) and what you may be able to do yourself to help with it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Always suffered raynauds and never been told of anything to manage it. Raynauds seems to be an associated condition to many illnesses like lupus etc..
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby whoami » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:57 pm

I have Raynauds. I have had it for almost 30 years.

Just came in from outside and am like ice to touch...... -10 ....with a windchill .... -20 ......*******! cold and only Nov.

Not only the cold weather can have reactions but also stress. Every time I have surgery they give me hot blankets constantly.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

I got the fibro first and now the raynauds.
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:32 am

Same here. My feet and hands were always lovely and warm but these days it doesn't matter what socks I wear or how many. They still get replaced by ice cubes when it's cold or I'm stressed.

Doctor said blood pressure meds are an option but with everything I take already and because I'm not one of the very very bad cases he didn't want to put me on them.

I constantly wear compression gloves now. First it was only for the pain but they do help a little with raynauds too. Wish I could get something to help my feet though. The only thing that helps here is running warm water. Tried a bucket but didn't do the trick for some odd reason.

I've also noticed that first thing in the morning my feet are warm but a few minutes after I wake up they go back to freezing now. Even if I stay in bed and don't move. :-?
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby Woollydog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Yep, I too have had it for many years, long before I was diagnosed with FM, last spring, though I believe I've had FM for at least 8 -10 years, if not longer. We have just moved to a draughty house, and it has got worse, especially with the present gales whistling round me!
Woollydog
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems