Adrenal Exhaustion

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Adrenal Exhaustion

Postby Wackers34 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:06 pm

I got my adrenals tested recently at a private clinic recently. It showed complete adrenal exhaustion. Now she wants to offer me adrenal cortex supplements to try and heal these. Has anyone else had this done and has it showed up anything interesting? What did you do to help

Many thanks
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: Adrenal Exhaustion

Postby denys » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 am

Sorry no, I've never heard of it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby TATT » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

Hi Wacker,

I asked my doctors about adrenal fatigue but they said I would have different symptoms. Was the test expensive and have you got fibro?

Keep us posted on how you get on, I would be interested to find out. Good luck
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Tatt

Ive been diagnosed with fibro by a GP, but it always felt like I had more...I then suspected CFS to be the culprit, wasn't sure if i had both...joined a private clinic in London called the Optimum Health Clinic, for M.E, CFS and Fibro...they ran an adrenal saliva test on me, it came back with a report from the lab that my adrenals were very low, almost flat lining....She has prescribed me Adrenal cortex to help
They are about to test my melatonin to see if this is low, as I have major sleep issues

I have copied a link from a website I found with useful information on it and how it can cross over with fibro:

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/fibromyalgia
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:56 am

To be honest I'd get your GP to check out the possibility of you having adrenal exhaustion before taking any adrenal supplement recommended by a private health clinic. Or as a minimum get your GP to check it's ok for you to take them.

I was tested for adrenal insufficiency (Addisons) twice and neither of the tests for this was done by a saliva test. Blood was taken to establish a baseline, then I was injected with something, within a pretty precise time after this, they returned to take another blood sample to compare the 2.

If you are taking any medication prescribed by your GP, it's essential he knows and approves of you taking anything else along with it. This is why consultants write to your GP with presctiption change recommendations. Your GP is supposed to know you better and it's a way of double checking there's not going to be any adverse inter drug reactions etc. My GP blocked a prescription form the Cardiology consultant for Beta blockers, because being familiar with some of my more severe diabetic complications, he knew the risk in taking them was much more than any benefit they would have given.

My apolgies if you've already informed your GP or if he knows about this.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I agree with zappa it is something I would want checked by GP with proper blood tests as other adrenal problems such as Addisons disease is something you your GP and other health professionals need to know about. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems