More blood tests & a problem detected

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

More blood tests & a problem detected

Postby LouiseGB » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:37 am

I went for more blood tests on Monday, having found I was anaemic last time. This time it was to check for diabetes, thyroid problems and a few other things. Yesterday morning I had a message to go in for more tests & make an appointment for next week with the GP. There's a problem with my thyroid - not sure what yet though, the reception and nurse said they couldn't read the result, it's just showing as a problem. I've googled the symptoms - I had an over active thyroid 30 years ago with no symptoms except a swelling in my neck - and I have lots of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid. I've been reading that this is often linked to fibromyalgia. My pains are still awful in my legs, I'm waiting for physio as the latest GP thinks I have sciatica! I don't think so, as I've had that before, and this is nothing like that. So I'm now on iron tablets and waiting until tomorrow for the blood results from the thyroid tests. GP appointment booked for next Wednesday. In the meantime, I had 2 fairly bearable days, but the last 2 days have been awful, my legs are so painful & I'm exhausted. Maybe it's just thyroid and not fibro? Has anyone else experienced these results too? xx
LouiseGB
UKFM Newbie

Re: More blood tests & a problem detected

Postby denys » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Louise a number of members have mentioned their thyroid levels being out one way or the other and it is one of those conditions that seem to go hand in hand with Fibro. If you put thyroid into the search facility at the top of the page it will throw up a number of topics which may help to answer your questions :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems