painful eyes

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

painful eyes

Postby annet » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I am under Moorfields eye hospital for 'normal pressure glaucoma' and have had highly successful cataract surgery on both eyes in the last two years. I put in eye drops for glaucoma every night. I was found to be sensitive to the preservative and now have some drops without it. I see that in FS you can get dry eyes, and Moorfields diagnosed this some time ago and gave me liquid tears ... which may or may not work on different days, for no apparent reason to me. I also notice that when my body begins to have one of it's 'let's hurt like hell all over the place' phases that my eyes also get sore, or even painful. Then they calm down when the fibro pain all over the place gets less acute. Is this a common feature in fibro or is it my imagination .... I can ask when next at Moorfields ... But will they have heard of FM?! I have bunch you will give me a better quicker answer. Ta tons in advance!
annet
UKFM Member

Re: painful eyes

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 1:09 am

I get horrible eye pain,

mostly in the right but also left..

it is common in fm, well i have had other people report the same..

it feels like the eye is swollen or being pushed from behind,

in fact its doing it now lol..

its in the back half of the eye not the front..

i am pretty certain it is the fm, an annoying feature at that..

but please, as always discuss with your GP..

I honestly ask my GP some very silly questions, but we both understand, in fact,in his own words.

"just because you have FM, it is a symptom of FM, doesnt mean that it is"

so i can concur it is a symptom and i have it but if it troubles you it may be the FM amplifying something or other, i dunno :)
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Tue May 06, 2014 1:11 am

yes it is a common feature i believe ;)
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby annet » Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 am

Many thanks.
annet
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems