Bladder infection/UTI?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bladder infection/UTI?

Postby Emsy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 am

So it seems I may have a bladder infection of some sort :(

For the last 2 nights I've been desperate to pee but can't. When I finally go, my bladder aches and it still aches now. I'm guessing some kind of bladder infection? Dr. Google says drink plenty of water, apparently. I'll go see the doc next week if it's still a prob.

Is this a common problem in people with FM? I've had a UTI before, a few months ago but I didn't really get them before that.

Anyone else got any other good remedies for bladder infection??
Emsy
UKFM Member

Re: Bladder infection/UTI?

Postby LouLou » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Emsy

I've just responded to one of your other posts lol. I've had a fair few bladder/kidney infections in my time so I know how uncomfortable you must feel.

When it starts with me I'll get the sachets you can get from any pharmacy - think they are called Sodium Citrate. They don't taste the nicest but they help regulate the acidity in your bladder. If they don't help within a day or two then a trip to the GP to get some antibiotics is my next step.

I also drink cranberry juice which also helps regulate acidity and a hot water bottle on my lower stomach as I hate the uncomfortable feeling.

Hope that helps
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Emsy...try to get into your Dr sooner than next week. A simple prescription can fix you up where if you leave things too long it could develop into something more serious.

In the meantime as suggested keep drinking and yes cranberry juice apparently does help.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Emsy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Went to the clinic earlier today and am now on antibiotics. Now I just hurt :( thank goodness for heat patches!
Emsy
UKFM Member

Postby Sue1968 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi emsy

Yes I think it is quite common to get UTI's with fm I've had at least 5 in the last 2 months and been to GP this evening and guess what?? I've got yet another UTI.......wonderful and I'm going into hospital tomorrow as well

Hope you are better soon, get some antibiotics and should clear it up for u

Sue
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby nikkinoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:05 pm

I didn't know it was common for fm people to get infections easily, that's major bad news for me if it is true...

I only have 1 kidney and am awaiting surgery to have the diseased one removed, every time I get an infection it reduces the function in my remaining kidney, its dropped quite a lot last year, my nephrologist said he didn't know why its dropped I was at 54% on my last blood test, will see what happens at my next in march.

Wondering whether it is something I should speak to my urologist about...? I take oxybutynin for stop me going to the loo every 10mins though some days it doesn't help, I get a lot of pain in my bladder too as it fills, wonder if its the fm and not bladder scaring from past infections :-s

x
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby Richard elder » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 am

hi I have problems with my bladder it burns when I go and burns for some time after I also feel like I strain the bladder it is very painful I have been to gp and test sample came back clear but I'm still sore I have only been diagnosed for about a month do any other fibro sufferers have the same problems is this just one more symptom of fibro
Richard elder
UKFM Member

Postby nikkinoo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Richard,

I'm the same, it burn and is uncomfortable, I've had this for years (diagnosis of fm about 3 weeks ago) all symptoms of an infection but no infection actually there, my nephrologist referred me to urology but again he thought it could be to do with scarring of my bladder, I was put on tabs for it but it still happens am going to mention it to my rheumy on the 18th see if she thinks it could be related, if not I'll tell my urologist in may, as I'm meant to be meeting my surgeon then too...

x
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby Richard elder » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:32 am

thank's I was asked about my bladder when at hospital by the doctor who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia so I asked my gp if my bladder problems are a symptom of fibro she didn't think so she gave me a new sample bottle with a white lid this time I think it is part of fibro why ask at the hospital if its not a symptom
Richard elder
UKFM Member

Postby nikkinoo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

I agree, I had this before been diagnosed so suppose the didn't think anything of it...

Will let you know if rheumy thinks it is connected.
X
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby grannyB » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:05 am

I have bladder problems if I take Non steroidal anti inflammatry drugs, NSAIDS.
This includes Iboprufen cream and tabs. Hope this might help some people.
grannyB
UKFM Newbie

Postby MikH-D » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Barley water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems