Horrendous hip and back pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Horrendous hip and back pain

Postby Sue1968 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else is struggling with horrendous hip pain(both) on walking and subsiding on rest? This has been gradually getting worse over the last couple of weeks, I'm on new tablets for RLS and the GP said should help all aspects of the pain in my lower limbs but so far....no such luck! I'm also finding even if I do hardly any activity I'm in horrendous pain, I can't win!

Would love to hear any solutions to my problem if at all possible, how others cope with the issue

Thank you
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Re: Horrendous hip and back pain

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:53 pm

What is the new drug you are taking?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby fletch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:12 am

I'm the same Sue but mine comes and goes my hip pain feels deep in the groin
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby Sue1968 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi fitch, my pain sometimes moves about, in my groin, hips, then my back then all three, the new tablet is called ropiniole 0.5 mg for RLS.

I'm actually resting a lot more on my bed with heat packs, wheat and lavender ones, as I'm in so much pain everywhere

Sue
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby a.lyndon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi Sue,

I am currently suffering the same and I generally find hot baths and hot water bottles help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ally
a.lyndon
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:45 pm

same here :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Sue....what you are describing with your hips and your walking ability can be a side effect from the ropiniole that needs your Dr's attention.

I would suggest you see your Dr very soon.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sue1968 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi whoami

I've been to the GP this morning and was dx with sacroiliac joint dysfunction which is why I've been in horrendous pain, I've been given tramadol as a virtually instant painkiller not the slow release ones the normal ones, so I'm going to take it tonight as I had wired side effects last time I had the normal ones.

Thanks for the advice

Sue1968
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Sue, I am glad to hear you saw the Dr and hopefully things will get a little better for you.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Sue1968 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Whoami, thank u

If u want to you can pm me, I notice u are from Ontario Canada? I've actually been there back in 1989

Sue1968
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:10 am

Sue1968 wrote:Hi whoami

I've been to the GP this morning and was dx with sacroiliac joint dysfunction which is why I've been in horrendous pain, I've been given tramadol as a virtually instant painkiller not the slow release ones the normal ones, so I'm going to take it tonight as I had wired side effects last time I had the normal ones.

Thanks for the advice

Sue1968

Glad you've been given something and fingers crossed it works. You can buy a special belt for this condition which whn pulled tight around your hips, provides a bit of support and helps relieve the pain. A girl I worked with used to use one of these. They can also give lignocaine injections to help this at the Pain clinic day surgery if it doesn't settle down.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Hia sue

I too suffer with hip+back pain I'm on BuTrans patches and pregablin,co-codimal,meloxicam 4 knee pain I had mri,s have S1/L5 pain I feel is deep in cocksic area sorri realli can't spell that LOL!!!! I ended up at A+E recently and dr said if what happens again happens I'm to go immidiatly to A+E as she thought caudia equina I googled it wish I hadn't!!!!! Why the heck did she send me home! I do hope ur okay "ish" and not in too much pain today sending huggs 2u xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi,
Hope you're feeling a bit better?

I've got terrible pain all over hips, back and knees and ankles have joined the party. Had MRI and was told slipped vertebra s1/l5, damage to the disc. But I also get this feeling as if my leg isn't supported and will pop out of the joint. And if I'm not careful, there's a popping near my spine with a slight grinding. No one has had a proper look at my SI joints , mentioned them but doctors ignore it. So I'm wondering if they could be part of the problem.

Sending gentle hugs to you.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby debsmith » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Hia karou

I also have S1/L5 and WOW its painful!!!!! I too get bad knee,s at min I have swelling and sheer pain in knee on meloxicam but does nothing for the pain, I too get bad hip pain last time I saw pain clinic she said I have osteo/orthritis can't remember the spelling does ur back make a noise that u can hear it?? Mine does so I'm wondering if I have arthritis in back too do u get deep pain tail end cocksic area? I do dr said I have a buldge in disc and degenerative disc they won't operate as its a small buldge aparently but why sooooooo painful?! Fed up I am like many here I expect I'm due to see rhummi in january so I just "hope" he/she can tel me what's going on! Been waiting 5 years to get sorted well to a point!!! Jan busy 4me eekkkk operation,then rhummi,then someone who deals with skeleton I hope ur having a "okay" ish day 2day hugs 2all xxxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:48 pm

l5 s1 agian ??
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems