Fibro/HMS exercises.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro/HMS exercises.

Postby HeppiBean » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Ok, I have both fibro and hms and was wondering if anyone can recommend any stretches or exercises I can do at home which would help both without triggering one or the other? I'm struggling here.

I used to do some yoga stretches for opening my hips as they had become quite stiff, but since finding out I have hms I have been advised to take it easy on those kind of stretches until I've had some physio.

I also used to do squats but these have been too painful for a long time which I now figure is due to fibro...

I'm so stuck... Any suggestions?xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro/HMS exercises.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Hypermobility Exercises.pdf
(927.42 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

You could have a looky thru this pdf to see what you could start with/manage. Alternatively you could ask your GP about a physio referral and see what suggestions they could have.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fibro/HMS exercises.

Postby HeppiBean » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:50 pm

I've been referred for physio but they said I'll have about a 6-8 week wait and that was only 4 days ago, was just looking for something to do in the meantime. Thanks for the PDF xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems