Brain wont work

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Brain wont work

Postby pambergirl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Does anybody it get a problem with thinking?
I wake up in the middle of the night then when I am just laying there my brain just goes blank. Like I cant think.
I can get out of bed and talk to my hubby ok. I Just cant think about anything like my mind is completely blank.
Then it will come up with random words. Then I will doze off and when I wake up I'm fine.

During the day I will be fine.

Hubby says its just a tired mind.
Is this a fibro symptom? Do any of you get this?

Thanks
pambergirl
UKFM Member

Re: Brain wont work

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:41 pm

FM is known to bring cognitive impairment along with it, it's something that is mentioned all over the forum.....FibroFog :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Quite a few of us find ourselves waking up in the night, but instead of a blank mind, we tend to find that ours are racing with all sorts of weird and random thoughts. And because it doesn't slow down, going back to sleep can be almost impossible :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Do you have any ideas how long are you like this when you wake up??? The only thing I could think of is, if you're only awake for a matter of moments, it could be due to you not having enough time to come round properly. If you're awake for a good while tho, then I'm not really sure what could be happening :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

If you'd like some of my random whirlingness to help fill things out a little, I'll gladly do a swap for some of your blankness :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:13 pm

As Flup has said its something most of us suffer with, forgetting what we were saying not being able to recall the right words for things etc. so all I can say is :welcome: to the club :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pambergirl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Thanks for your replies. I do get wierd random thoughts too and have had times when I am awake for ages with my mind racing. Sounds like a lot of us ahave the same problems
:-)
pambergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:40 pm

I've been trying relaxation techniques to help with pain levels, and have been finding then helpful to a degree with the mind whirling as well. I'm currently working my way thru the various freebie Android apps to see which one(s) I find the most helpful.

Might be something to look into to see if it might be of some help as there is quite a bit of freebie stuff online to try out.

When all else fails, hug your Teddy xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pambergirl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I used to do relaxation. Must get back to it. I only seem to get it when I have had more painkillers in a day along with diazepam. I wonder if it is linked,
pambergirl
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:24 am

My brain does an instant switch off, at any time, on the phone, in conversation. I can't recall what I did yesterday. My Brother called last week, I had put photos on facebook about a day out, he said 'looks like you had a fab time yesterday' I couldn't remember where I'd been :(

At night time, I do tend more to have the racy nonsense filled mind x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby pambergirl » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:37 pm

I was ok last night. I didnt have so many painkillers yesterday. I wonder if it is linked.
pambergirl
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems