FMS+IBS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FMS+IBS

Postby migrembe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 pm

After two days of Christmas food my body has given up. The IBS has kicked in and goes from one end of the spectrum to the other and back and that in turn has turned up the pain. The problem is nobody can see so nobody really understands even though i know my children love me. Back to gentle eating now and see how long it takes to recover :(
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: FMS+IBS

Postby whoami » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Migrembe....you are not alone with the way you feel.

Most of us do the same thing to ourselves. We just can't seem to help eating the cookies and chocolates etc at Christmas.
I certainly have done my share and I am now waiting for the symptoms of IBS to sink in.

Hopefully the discomfort will not be too bad and it will be over soon.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby HeppiBean » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 pm

I know how you feel migrembe. I'm there myself at the moment! Spent yesterday going back and forth to the restroom xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Gave myself one day to eat anything I wanted as I knew even that would trigger some problems and then straight back to being careful so I hope it settles down quickly for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby migrembe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 am

I only had two days of eating and certainly not overeating just a few of those Chrismassy things that we all like. It's a little better - kinda - thanks for all your support :grouphug:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:25 am

My IBS has been gatecrashing the festivities as well :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: The calming down I had experienced whilst having acupuncture has worn off now, so things like the bloating, cramps etc were making their presence felt again :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: Add in the bit of extra stuff I've eaten and there is only one inevitable outcome really :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not even Buscopan has helped, such is the vengeance it has returned with :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1: :scream-1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby migrembe » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:54 pm

There is an upside of things, i have lost 5lbs in weight :lol: :-? :shock:

I've had no problems today. Hope things settle down for you soon too :cat1:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

migrembe....LOL Isn't it amazing how weight can change so drastically with either Fibro or IBS.

I have realized since Christmas festivities (scoffing down, LOL) have began that vegetables seem to be one of the worse things to set of pain in my tummy. I have had IBS and Lactose intolerance for years, over 25, before fibro. and am now really noticing what sets things off.

Things like ceaser salad can pass through me within 15 minutes of sitting down and eating. Raw veggies the same. Garlic, look out! Bread, not only pain but if I start eating it, it is like I am addicted, I can't stop.

I am in need of a good laxative, LOL Even though I have eaten about 2lbs of milk chocolate. Oh how we think chocolate will take away the pain, more pain, more choccy. Obviously it doesn't work...proof of the empty choccy tins and me still in pain.

Well I am going to make a cup of tea and down 2 Dulcolax tablets.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby felinefine » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am

I found this really interesting, I have overindulged too and feel bloated although I've not had trouble 'going'

I also can't eat garlic, onion is another no no, a lot of veg gives me tum ache, which is hard as I'm a veggie :crazy: I love stodge, bread cake etc.

Since my stroke in July I have put on a stone, lack of exercise, meds and comfort eating. I must take myself in hand in the New Year xx
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

I have found too much of anything causes me problems one way or the other. Although not been tested for IBS the GP says that's what it sounds like and with FMS its one of those things, not very helpful. :crazy:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems