Weird Dreams Continuing after Waking

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weird Dreams Continuing after Waking

Postby Woollydog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi,
Does anyone else have this problem. I have often had weird and often unpleasant/scary dreams throughout my life, even as a child, where I would wake up screaming, but recently they seem to go on, or my brain continues the story after I have woken. I suddenly realise and make myself snap out of it, but it can be tricky. It's like a hallucination, but I can also be in the dream, saying ' Snap out of it, don't be stupid!' , so not sure if I'm fully awake or not. Having said that, it feels as if this goes on for some time. Also, when I wake sometimes, I can't remember where I am, or my husband is, or where my adult daughter is. We moved from Derbyshire to the Isle of Wight a month ago, where we don't know anyone, and the aforementioned daughter moved to Somerset a month before that, but it feels very scary and I just keep hoping it's fibro-fog coupled with the stress, and not Alzheimer's!
Woollydog
UKFM Newbie

Re: Weird Dreams Continuing after Waking

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Some times our medication can give us weird dreams and just takes a bit longer to come to on wakening. I am reducing my amitriptyline just now and dreams seem worse than usual. My hubby says my murder books don't help :yikes: :yikes: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Woollydog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:49 pm

The only regular meds I take is Mirtazapine, the antidepressant, and I know it's not that, as the dreams were worse when I came off it. I also hardly slept and became depressed again, so asked to go back on it. I had been on it for 5 yes, and didn't have the waking problems/disorientation then.
Woollydog
UKFM Newbie

Postby libbiek30 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:23 am

That must b really awful for you. I have bizarre dreams but they stop wen I wake. I put them down to meds x
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems