Dizzy , spinning sensation?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dizzy , spinning sensation?

Postby Mk1divemaster » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi all , having another flare up at moment , I think it's the stress of lack of work ( self employed) :-(

I'm getting a strange dizzy ,spinning sensation when I lie on my back or look up in certain ways. It stops after a few seconds .

I'm thinking it could be a symptom of stiff back/ neck muscles due to the stress I'm under at moment, as well as my burning sensations it's just another problem to cope with :-(

Does anyone else get this problem ? Please let me know and give me any ideas to combat it please !! I've started swimming again hoping this will help . Thanks all
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: Dizzy , spinning sensation?

Postby Jeany » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Flare ups can affect your eye sight. I had some strange sensations like moving wavy lines to my side vision. It might be an idea to get a sight test, because they can tell all sorts about your general health.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:45 pm

If it's something new get it looked at by dr and yes have your eyes tested to. The dr can give you pills to stop you feeling dizzy, as it might be a tape of vertigo .seasick pills work the same way but you really should see someone iF it don't stop soon x
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 pm

I have my eyes checked every year as there is glaucoma in the family so no need , I'm sure it's muscle related as tight neck muscles constrict blood flow to the brain which causes dizziness I've been told :-)

When I was first diagnosed with fm I could literally feel my eye muscles grating ! It was scary until my rheumatologist told me it can happen ! Weird
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 pm

If it is something new get it checked out, but i must admit i can get dizzy lying down in bed.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby olwynam1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 pm

I am noise sensitive and sudden noises causes a spinning sensation inside my head and dizziness - lasts just a few seconds each time but when its happening often (like at GP's when people going in and out of the waiting room keep letting the door slam) it can leave one feeling quite sick and disorientated.
olwynam1
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:49 am

I have spells where this happens to me, then goes away after few days. Its just when i get off my bed or out bath, n if i lie on back. Its not like proper vertigo, cus with that u walk like your on a ship, from side to side. Thats a prob with your inner ear. X
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Ok everyone went to docs and he gave me some tabs to combat Vertigo which is caused from my stiff neck restricting blood flow to my inner ear and head ! My stiff neck may be " wear and tear" of neck muscles or arthritis in neck area :-/ oh well add it to the list !!
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 pm

I also get dizzyness from the neck. When i stand up too quickly or walk on from standing my head begins to pound and neck muscle spasm and feel faint. It subsides after a few mins.

I also think mine comes from the stiffness in my neck although this symptom i have not yet discussed with my GP i must remember to add it to my list! :shock:

I hope the tablets give you some relief.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems