Anyone else had shoulder surgery?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone else had shoulder surgery?

Postby JemmaB88 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Odd topic but here goes.

I had an anterior shoulder stabilisation 8 years ago which was successful. I went from at least one dislocation a month, to nothing since the spring of 2006 (this sticks in my mind as it was the one that prompted surgery, it hurt like hell). Since the op, I have a significant loss in range of movement, nothing that impedes daily living, but washing my hair can cause an issue, and opening jars. I can live with that.

However, I am 8, coming up 9 weeks pregnant, and I am wondering if the relaxin hormone is causing it to become loose. It feels like it used to before it would dislocate previously. I am worried that if it dislocates, it isn't going to be a straight forward re-set. I used to be able to get it back in myself after a while due to its laxity but now it is all tightened up and held there, I feel it will be a struggle, not to mention painful!

Has anyone else had this type of operation and had it dislocate at a later date?
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone else had shoulder surgery?

Postby denys » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:19 am

Sorry cant help you with that one, your doc would probably be the best one to ask and maybe he can refer you to someone who can help you with things :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems