re lower back pain and leg pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

re lower back pain and leg pain?

Postby marianne p » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:11 pm

hi everyone,sorry its been a long time,lately i been getting lower back pain and leg pain.it takes a while to get comfortable at night,driving me round the bend lately. can anyone relate? marianne p :roll: :!:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Re: re lower back pain and leg pain?

Postby bandj » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi Marianne
I get a lot of lower back and leg pain. Am lying down at the mo to try and ease it. I sometimes use a tens machine or algesal cream but nothing really helps.
Have you found anything that helps?
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Katie Louise » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:45 pm

I have really bad lower back ache and leg pain don't really know what to do with myself it hurts to stand up and sit down the only thing I can do is lay down or walk around but I end up hunched over. I have had to resort to using crutches and siting whilst making dinner but need a cushion to stop it being so painful. X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby ellewill » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi I suffer really bad ly with lower back and leg pain. the leg pain is by far worse then my back when it really gets going. the meds I n normallly take do not touch it. I have tried stretch it out but that only works for a while. if there are any suggestions on pain relief I would be really grateful. I am a nurse so put mine down to long hours on my feet. hope everyone is able to find some comfort. x :(
ellewill
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:11 pm

I get very bad leg, knee , lower back and hip pain. When the Fentanyl just doesn't hold off the pain something as simple as Arnica gel works. It is such a simple thing but it does help. Make sure it is pure Arnica gel. I use it on my hands also.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Ruthyboo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:33 pm

I get hideous back, hip and leg pain. On a couple of occasions I have passed out because it was so excrutiating. I haven't found any medication that helps. I hate this affliction so much. I slept for 24 hours straight through last weekend. What a waste of a day :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruthyboo
UKFM Member

Postby nikkinoo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi,

I get leg pain, every night, I have restless leg syndrome. It drives me mad, can never get comfortable, and have to be moving them all the time, I've not been given anything for it but will be mentioning it to my GP, neurologist said I had it.

Nikki x
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby DizzyLizzie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:11 am

Hi,
I suffer from horrendous Lower back, hip, leg & knee pain too, I'm having to use a stick at the moment as my hip gives way on me. The pain is unbearable, when it really bad like that nothing I do will help, not even laying down helps, I feel like an electric buzzing down my whole leg, a pain like a drill going into my hip & my toes move randomly on there own accord, I can't sleep at all when it's like that. It's like that now, & at 6,10 am I've not managed to sleep yet.
DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Postby DizzyLizzie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi again.
I forgot to ask you whoami where can I get arnica gel from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:45 am

Hi Marianne,

I've got degenerative disc disease and herniated discs so I get low back, hip and leg pain because of the swelling near my nerve.
I've had 2 caudal epidurals in the last couple of years and although it is painful and takes a few weeks to take effect it does help control the pain.
I have found that it dulls the pain enough for me to walk without an aid and almost rid the need of high doses of painkillers (occasionally I forget I'm not bionic woman and over do it!)

I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen so I'm limited with pain relief but so far (touch wood) the epidural has worked well for me and rid me of that awful pain for a few months.
Is this an option for you, I know some consultants don't like the procedure?
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby clairbear » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:49 am

DizzyLizzie wrote:Hi again.
I forgot to ask you whoami where can I get arnica gel from?

Hi Lizzie - you can get it from most pharmacies, Boots, Holland and Barretts and most alternative health shops sell it. I had mine from Boots, it's great for bringing out and soothing bruises.
clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby DizzyLizzie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Thank you x

DizzyLizzie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems