Fibro and CFS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and CFS

Postby Wackers34 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Does anyone suffer with both conditions? If so what have you done to help?
I am on waiting list for NHS fatigue clinic, to see If i definitely have CFS also...any advice on supplements / coping mechansisms / meds etc greatly needed
Perhaps its the same sort of treatments for both? Had this a year now and still can't find any way of coping with it :o(
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro and CFS

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

There are a few of us on here with both conditions, they seem to be very closely associated, as well as sharing a lot of cross~over symptoms and problems.

I spent a good half of 2012, into the early part of 2013 under the CFS/ME Sevrice/Clinic for my area. I had a number of sessions over that learning more about the condition, what my particular triggers are, coping mechanisms/strategies etc. Whilst the basis of of what I did was essentially the same as techniques used when I underwent a number of therapy sessions relating to pain and FM, with the emphasis being on the fatigue side of things, it helped me with learning how to take it into account when looking at what I am going to be doing each day. Just as with FM, pacing is a vital part of getting thru each day.

The meds used in managing CFS are pretty much the same as those used in managing FM. As for supplements, that's something I can't help with I'm afraid, as I can't take them due to rather extreme reactions they cause me.

There is no definitive, absolute, guaranteed way to manage these conditions, the best we can do at the moment is put together the best toolkit we can to help us get thru each day.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Fibro and CFS

Postby difly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Hy fluppy what you said is so true I started with CFS last year and I am just learning what triggers are as for strategies to deal with the issues I am struggling to find the best way to cope I am learning tho there is only so much i can do and how to avoid situations that provoke a flare , dr says there is no specific meds I can take other than what I already take for fibro .the end of last year I was diagnosed with tri neuralgia and currently avin tests for carpel tunnel its a never ending story but i am trying my best to plod on .take care difly
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems