weird one

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weird one

Postby kazza65 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi :-)

:flowers: ....fellow Fibro friends.... :flowers:

I been going to ask a few times does any of our suffer ever suffer with there big toe been very pain full. E.g as if the nail is too long and its pressing on your skin hard.

fairy_dust fairy_dust
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: weird one

Postby crystalkaz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi Kazza65 :wave: Sorry to hear that you are suffering with your big toe. Have you had it checked by nurse or dr. to see if it is a ingrowing toe nail as they are so painful. I thought thats what i had, as I could not bare to have any thing touch my toe, as it felt like someone had dropped a hammer on it all the time........

At night it seemed to be much worse, it throbbed kept me awake all night as couldn't even stand covers over my foot. I let the dr examine it and he told me i had something called a gangalin and it would go away on its own.

Does your toe feel like anything I've described?
Hope you get it looked at and sorted out soon, takecarex
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi crystalkaz,

the pain in the big toe isn't an in growing toe nail i know what the look like. The pain is in the middle of the nail not at the edges. the feeling i am getting is when your toe nails are too long but mine aren't the are very short as my daughter keeps them trimmed for me. So this is a mystery for me ..

:-?
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby catering3 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:10 pm

HI
I get this in my big toe and also a couple of finger nails ,its really odd, and it does hurt .sometimes it feels like a real build up of pressure in the middle of the nail .
weird !!!
catering3
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 am

kazza65 wrote:Hi crystalkaz,

the pain in the big toe isn't an in growing toe nail i know what the look like. The pain is in the middle of the nail not at the edges. the feeling i am getting is when your toe nails are too long but mine aren't the are very short as my daughter keeps them trimmed for me. So this is a mystery for me ..

:-?

Sometimes having your nails too short can cause pain, because the underlying skin is very sensitive and is a being left a bit exposed to pressures , particualrly in the middle of the nail. In this type of case the pain happens after the event. Could maybe try keeping them just a teeny bit longer. Saying that nerve pain can happen anywhere and everywhere with fibro.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Oriole » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Sounds like ingrown toenail.
Oriole
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems