Kerataconus

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Kerataconus

Postby helzbelz11 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi
Im newly diagnosed with FM but have had symptoms for a few years now. Does anyone else have the eye condition kerataconus (with or without implants/transplant etc) I believe its connected, as does a dr of mine, but being new to all this i really have no idea. :-P
helzbelz11
UKFM Newbie

Re: Kerataconus

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:34 pm

:welcome: aboard :-D :-D

I personaly have not heard of this conditon but am sure someone may know/have this to.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby helzbelz11 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Thankyou! Its a serious condition affecting the cornea. Ive had it for 20 yrs and now have implants in both eyes. There is some discussion as to whether this is an autoimmune condition or not. It would be interesting to know if any others have this condition as it may or may not be a pre cursor to other conditions like FM. This is all still not 100% but it would be interesting to feed back to my eye doctor
helzbelz11
UKFM Newbie

Postby Katie Louise » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi I have fms but my husband doesn't but he does have the same eye complaint I know it's hereditary especially in males but I've not heard that it's linked to fms however my eyesight is deteriorating quite quickly x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby helzbelz11 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:57 pm

some sources say hereditary others don't. My current doctor thinks it not, although its a strange coincidence that my father also has kerataconus.
My eyes are suddenly getting worse and there is no explanation for it as my intacs are all great. I also have painful dry eye which is not in any way related to kerataconus apparently. these however are both FM symptoms. its the auto immune side of it thats making me wonder
helzbelz11
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:55 am

No sorry never been diagnosed with this, I have the dry eyes though never seen it recorded as one of the symptoms of FM :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems