Don't know what to think

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Don't know what to think

Postby Katie Louise » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm

I've still got a lot of pain in my leg had it for couple of weeks now but it's gradually getting worse and now my foot has gone numb as well. Doctor said to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't settle down to see a neurologist or to go back sooner if I loose control of my bowels and they will send me to the neurologist sooner. Don't really understand or know what to think can anyone help x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Re: Don't know what to think

Postby debsmith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Hia katie

Poor u if it were me I'd make another dr appt 4 ASAP it should b investigated I'm not a dr but have u got a bad back? I feel 4u not nice get on the phone 2morrow and try + get in I wish u luck hunni GP,s at times just don't listen have u a good dr? Sending hugs 2u xxxx
debsmith
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:13 am

Definitely go back to the doctor surely they would have to refer you to a neurologist :?: :?: :?: :?: I hope you get it sorted soon :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Karou » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 am

Hi Katie,

Sorry you're struggling with the leg pain.

I have similar issues with both legs and there are days when they can't make up their mind which one goes numb first. For me, it's because I have a slipped vertebra and damaged discs. When I first went to see my doctor about it and they weren't sure what's wrong, they told me to come back immediately if I can't control bowels or bladder. They said a nerve can get trapped and they would need to fix that fast to minimise damage.

I'm not saying that's what you have.

I agree with debsmith wrt making another appointment. It would give you the opportunity to ask for more information and maybe find out what to do to feel better.
Hope it can get sorted soon. :teddy-bear:
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems