Fodmap diet

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fodmap diet

Postby monkeypirate » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi,

Finally had an appointment with the dietician today, they have put me on a Fodmap diet.
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

Always be yourself . . . Unless you can be a pirate.. . .Then always be a pirate.
monkeypirate
UKFM Member

Re: Fodmap diet

Postby denys » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 pm

no sorry but hope it works for you :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby monkeypirate » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 am

I've been reading through the literature and researching it a bit.
It's basically avoiding certain carb and sugar types that the stomach has problems digesting. They get passed into the large intestine where they ferment and cause bloating and all the other IBS symptoms.
http://www.ibsgroup.org/brochures/fodmap-intolerances.pdf

It's quite interesting. I don't eat wheat products or lactose anyway so it won't be a masive change.
She suggested I wait to start the new diet until I get the anti-d's from my GP next week.
At least it feels like something is moving at last. It feels like I've been on my own with it for ages.
Always be yourself . . . Unless you can be a pirate.. . .Then always be a pirate.
monkeypirate
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:08 am

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with it MonkeyPirate, hope it brings you some relief :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:44 am

Im on a low carb diet atm as i have severe bloating which causes more rib pain and feelin so sluggish plus reflux/heartburn

Just noticed on the map to avoid apples and cherries which i had been munchin and to stick with my honey dew melon and grapes :-D

I must say for me the diet is doing me very well, its sticking with it!

:goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby felinefine » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 pm

I have been on this diet, to look at what effects my IBS, I did find it useful, found the onion, garlic, other veggies gave me a bad tum. Not bad for a vegetarian .............
felinefine
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems