[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - MIND

MIND

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: MIND

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:40 am

MIND is one of the charities that we try to support whenever possible :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It's good to hear about some who's ME is close to being in remission, it helps keep that hope alight that something similar could happen for us as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

The closest MIND to where I am is about 9 miles away, so I have a bit of a similar situation to you Lisa.....the purple anxiety minions deciding to run amok when I try and plan how I could face them, challenge them, and squash them to be able to make the journey over there and take that first step thru their door :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

They're on my list of things I need to get behaving more suitably. When I seem to get one of them acting a bit more civilly tho, there are hordes more of them rushing in to fill the gaps :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Storm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 am

They turned me away when I told them I have BPD and wanted some support. I was devastated. I won't support them ever again. :(
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:04 am

They should never of done that storm. They are a mental health charity! I hope you get some support that you wish for. X x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby Storm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:17 am

Indeed, I turned to them at a time of crisis because I had nowhere else to turn. I've had bad experiences with The Samaritans, therapists, GP's, crisis lines linked to mental health hospitals, etc. and I gave MIND a try. Horrible, horrible experience :(
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:27 am

That's such a shame. Like most mental health services they have not enough staff to be able to do what they need to do.

Have you got support now? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby MikH-D » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:27 am

Mind wanted to charge me £30 a session, it's the only mental health support in my area as docs won't provide, I rather stay a lil nutty than spend £30 a week on mental health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:14 pm

oh dear seems like a difference in area might affect the support offered. Lisa so glad you had a positive experience and hopefully some others will too, I know we have drop in centres for MIND too and I've never heard anyone say they were charged or were turned away. So sad that some people cant get the support that others can, Storm have you spoken to your GP about your experience maybe they can offer you some advice as to where you could get support :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems