Painful chest/back muscles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Painful chest/back muscles

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Just wondered how common sore and painful chest/back muscles are in fibro sufferers? Sometimes it feels like all my muscles tense up & it seems to make breathing hard!?.

I get a lot of sharp/crampy stabbing pains that comes and goes, u can feel it in the front chest then it travels into the back, as is someone has speared me & it's came out the other side!. I also suffer with costo which I think adds to the pain.

I think I may start going to have a massage to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Painful chest/back muscles

Postby kitkat74 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi Gibbo

I'm having chest pains now. What's that all about. I woke feeling really nauseous this morning, pains in my kidney area like I've been trampled on. I can't wait for these test results.

Have you ever mentioned this to anyone of a medical nature? What did they say if anything?

Kitkat
kitkat74
UKFM Member

Postby familygirl50 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 am

Hi I'm not sure how common it is in fibro sufferers but I can definately sympathise with you. I get a pain on the left side of my chest which comes on at any time of day, whether Im active or just sitting down resting. It can also affect my shoulder and back. Doctor says its due to the tendons that attach the muscles to the ribs which become inflamed. Just one more thing to add to the endless list of fibro nasties.
familygirl50
UKFM Newbie

Postby tonydin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 am

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: i kow exactly how u feel ,, this was the start of my road to fibro dx , exactly how u discribe :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

had all the tests 4 visits to a an e , and here i am :lol: :lol:

make sure you have it properly checked out though as it could be some thing serieus ,,,,,, but dont stress because its probobly costocondrus

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Same here. All tests negative. I put it down to fibro and ignore when it comes.
xxxxx
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems