fingers

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fingers

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 am

I have been getting pains in my fingers and my thumb is very painful and I am really struggling to use my right hand. I can't open things or manipulate anything. My daughter just had a dancing exam and I couldn't put her hair up! Anyone else get the same? Is it the cold weather?
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Re: fingers

Postby nikkinoo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:41 pm

I get this, its very annoying, but I also have Raynaud's, hurts to use my hands...

Some days I cant open or grip things, and cant cut food up at meal times. My GP said it was my fibro more than Raynaud's so I just put it down to that.

Hope it isn't causing to much pain for you.
x
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks thats really helpful. I resently went to gp with problems with my toes he said it could be raynauds but I never thought that could be my fingers too. Just another to add to the list!
Thanks ((((( hugs))))))
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby nikkinoo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:23 pm

I know... I'm back at the rheumatologist tomorrow try get things under control!

My hands, get and knees go blue/purple and when they are warm, which is hardly ever, they are bright red :-p looks like I've burnt myself, lol, mine is because of the fibro, which is just crazy at the mo...

Gentle hugs
X
Before you assume, learn the facts... Before you judge, understand why... Before you hurt someone, feel... Before you speak, think... This is my message to all who do not take the time to understand what we go through.
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Mention all these symptoms to your Rheumatologist tomorrow. It could be Raynauds, fibro or something else. Either way, get it checked.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby nikkinoo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi whoami,

I have already been diagnosed with Raynaud's, fibro out of control meds I was put on not working, restricting my everyday life a lot, and its got worse.

Fingers crossed they can help a bit more.

x
nikkinoo
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks that's really helpful. My doc has already mentioned raynauds, just another thing to cope with. :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby sara_elizabeth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm

I get this, I never associated it to my Raynaud's just more fibro nonsense! I always call them "Ataxia Attacks" actually
I have loved to the point of madness, that which is called madness, that which to me is the only sensible way to love
sara_elizabeth
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems