Dehydration?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dehydration?

Postby DRM » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Hiya, hope you're all as well as can be expected. I had a health assessment today at work & was told I was very dehydrated. This came as a surprise as I drink at least 3 litres of water every day. I get a dry mouth which I assume is due to the meds so am constantly sipping. I don't drink any caffeine.
Has anyone else found this with fibro? Any suggestions about how to overcome it?
Thanks & best wishes
DRM
UKFM Member

Re: Dehydration?

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 pm

There are many reasons you could be dehydrated. You need to ask your Dr why you possibly could be.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby HazelB » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:03 am

I was told the same at my initial induction at the gym a few weeks ago. Like you I drink at least 2 litres water a day, most days more.

A few months ago I had repeat bloods done because first lot had shown I was dehydrated, but repeats were normal.

I've now downloaded an app on my phone which records my water intake, and if I'm still showing as dehydrated at follow up at gym, going too speak to my GP about possible causes.

Like you, medication gives me a dry mouth, but there is also an auto immune condition called Sjogrens of which dehydration can be a symptom...and it's common amongst people with fibro.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby DRM » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for the replies. Will have to google sjogren. I am trying to avoid gp as much as possible as I feel like I'm never out of the place. Might just stick my head in the sand for a while! xxx
DRM
UKFM Member

Postby zelda53 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi,
I had reflexology recently, and the therapist told me I was dehydrated as well. Like other posters I was surprised as I also drink at least 2 litres of water a day ( plus some tea!!).

I've been trying to drink more , but end up feeling nauseous ( and on the loo all day :-D ).

Must be another annoying effect of fibro, eh?!?

Take care all,

Louise :grouphug:
Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside - but always looking on the Brightside!!
zelda53
UKFM Newbie

Postby MistyBlue » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 pm

My kinesiologist told me I was dehydrated too and she doesn't know why as I drink plenty of water. She also found that I am very intolerant to salt, so I've been trying to cut down. I'm just taking co-dydramol.
MistyBlue
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems