Chest pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chest pain

Postby Leannellie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi everyone. I've had a pain in my chest for a few days now. If hurts to move my arms and my left arm is very achey and numb. Pain is more on the left side, no cough so wouldn't think a chest infection?! My arms feel as tho I've been lifting weights! I haven't done anything for over 3 weeks now as having a very bad flare. I've been getting up and just relaxing on sofa!! Is it just another fibro symptom do you think. I'm loath to visit GP as starting to feel a hypochondriac!!!!
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Re: Chest pain

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Anything new is always best checked out, just to be sure that there isn't anything else at work and causing the problem. There could be any number of reasons for this new pain in your chest, or it could be FM related. Most of us have felt like hypochondriacs at some point along the way. Even so, you're far better to be safe and have it checked rather than finding out a bit further down the road that is something else that could be sorted/treated relatively easily.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Leannellie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks fluppy. Took your advice and got doc appointment last night. He sent me straight to hospital where they did ECG. Which was ok. Chest X-ray, ok,bloods, all ok!! The painkillers did nothing for any of the pains and the doc came to discharge me and said it linked to the fibro!! Never had pain like it in my chest before. Left hospital at 1.30 this morning but at least I know it's not heart related!!! I'm so tired so going to try and sleep. Another pain area to add to the already long list!!!x
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:24 pm

I get pain around my sternum and it don't half hurt. It takes my breath away sometimes. There's nothing I can do to ease the pain except rest.
Thank goodness your pain isn't serious although I appreciate it's really painful.

Try and relax when the pain hits.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Just an update. Went to docs today and I have costochondritis. Anybody else have this?
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Yes and its a very commen associated condition im afraid.

Lots of posts about this. If you do a search (up top of page) you will see and read lots of topics on this
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Nikkijaynebrown » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed as having costochondritis at the beginning of December after being taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack. I have had chest and shoulder pain pretty much everyday since. I have had ECG's, blood tests and worn a heart monitor for 5 days to rule out any heart problems, also I have had an abdominal scan to rule out gall stones etc, all results are normal so all pain has now been put down to costochondritis. I also find I am very breathless and have asked my GP if this is also part of costochondritis and they have said it could be which really dosnt help me, I have just had a chest X-ray so am awaiting results from that. I have asked my GP if I can be referred to someone to discuss costochondritis as I have lots of questions that my GP dosnt seem to have the answers to, but my GP told me they don't know who or what department to refer me too! So has anyone seen a consultant for costochondritis and if you have what department do you go to? I was diagnosed with having fibromyalgia 3 years ago by the rheumatologist at our local hospital so did wonder if that's who I should see?
Nikkijaynebrown
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Nikkijaynebrown wrote: I have asked my GP if I can be referred to someone to discuss costochondritis as I have lots of questions that my GP dosnt seem to have the answers to, but my GP told me they don't know who or what department to refer me too! So has anyone seen a consultant for costochondritis and if you have what department do you go to? I was diagnosed with having fibromyalgia 3 years ago by the rheumatologist at our local hospital so did wonder if that's who I should see?

It might be worth a phone call to your rheumy dept to see if they can help with your questions. If it isn't the rheumy dept that deals with costo, then they should be able to give you an idea of who could help you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 pm

in my experiance costos just a name for the pain was dx 3 times with it at a &e befor fibro dx by gp and rummmy . at no time did they offer treatrment , and now with fm treatment ( what there is ) its never mentioned

mind u i dont get it like i did and when i do its not so severe so fm treatment must help it

some one may correct me but i dont think there going to offer treatment for costo thats any differant from treatment given for fm
if this is the case prob not worth persueing it

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi
I get chest pains too and have had the whole works done, ECG, scan of my arteries, bloods and all perfect. Chest pains are listed as fibro symptoms, so I just put up with them when they come and no longer worry.
xxxxx
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems