seborrheic dermatitis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

seborrheic dermatitis

Postby LYNPI » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Out of interest, do any other suffers with Fibro have Seborrheic dermatitis. Having a bad flare up at the moment (face looks like I've been burnt!!!) :oops: . I'm wondering if there is a link.
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Re: seborrheic dermatitis

Postby HazelB » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:30 pm

I have this ...I've had it for years before FM diagnosis and there's no link that I'm aware of. I was told I had scalp psoriasis until a few years at the homeopathic hospital when the Dr told me out was actually sebhorraic dermatitis. Hope your flare up settles soon. Do you get any treatment for it ...all I get is shampoo for my scalp xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby LYNPI » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi Hazel

Thanks for replying. I've got Nizoral shampoo on repeat. Off to the chemist tomorrow as I've just spotted Ketonazole will work on my face with corticosteroid. Fingers crossed it will work.

Amazing how the weather flares everything up, including my aches!! Wonder what it is like without the daily pain??

I've 'dusted my self down from feeling sorry for myself and have got back on my feet' - I'm determined to carry on tomorrow and have a go at framing again :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: (love these icons on this forum) Hopefully my poor hands and feet will work!! I may take a photo and pop it on the craft section.

Take care of yourself
Linda
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:26 pm

I think it's Ketonazole I use (or something with a similar name) and yes can be used on your face as well as a shampoo. Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems