Numbness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numbness

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Today I have a weird feeling in my legs. It feels like everything below my waist is numb but i am still able to walk. Its weird. Is this a symptom of FM?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Numbness

Postby Katie Louise » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi I don't know if it's a symptom but I have also been suffering with numbness in my right leg. I was on crutches a few weeks ago with it but not needing them at the moment, haven't been able to feel the right side of my right leg for 3 weeks now. Also often get a dead feeling in the top of my right thigh. Hope it goes away soon x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Katie Louise
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:16 pm

I had to go for an MRI due to numbness in my right leg. This detected DDD (degenerative disc disease) and prolapsed discs.

Not sayin this is the problem but it does need investigating as you may have an underlying cause and it not be fibro.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Numbness can be associated with FM, but can also be due to a number of other possibilities. As Lisa has said, this does need investigating to determine the cause of it. Another thing to add to your list for a GP appt I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems