Costochondritis.. Or something else?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Costochondritis.. Or something else?

Postby Chelle39 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

I've had this before but it was in my front sternum ... However now I am having terrible pain in my lower back rib cage that's not seeming to go away... Does Costochondritis affect this area too? Does anyone have experience of it there? I'm loathed to go back to the docs just yet as not long since my FM dx and I don't want them to think I'm being a pain in the bum. I guess in the back of my mind I'm just worried this could be something else (recent liver issues have now been resolved)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chelle39
UKFM Newbie

Re: Costochondritis.. Or something else?

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:02 pm

It is best to get checked out as a precaution.

I am a costo sufferer and my pain radiates from the front chest wall all around the rib cage to my back and it even pulls on the neck and shoulders.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Chelle39 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks lisa... I've been putting it off but your right.. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chelle39
UKFM Newbie

Postby sue1962 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:47 am

hi i was diagnosed in 94, and one of my trigger spots there are 18 of which you have to have 11 to be fibro sufferer and my main one is my lower rib at the back right side. awful pain feels like ive been kicked by a horse! and round the sternum area awful pain and dibilitating also hope this helps
sue1962
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems