Scalp sores

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Scalp sores

Postby PolkaBunny » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Since having this condition I have often had a couple of sores on my scalp. Often they are in the same place and I get a little cluster of what looks like spots, they are very very sore to the touch and very itchy. But recently I am getting them all over my scalp, any advice?
PolkaBunny
UKFM Member

Re: Scalp sores

Postby machin1969 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi PB

I can't help, but I often get these, a couple at a time, too, I just thought it was due to me sweating a lot, I often get spots and thought I'd just knocked the top of one on my head and caused it to become sore.

I'd be interested in what others have to say though.

Andy
machin1969
UKFM Newbie

Postby LYNPI » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi both

I have seborrheic dermatitis in my scalp. This causes itchy/sore areas/spots on my head. I use Niazole shampoo (which you can buy at a chemist). Check with your GP first though.

Good luck with finding help
LYNPI
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:47 pm

I have had these for years but I dont know why. I have been told I have a very small patch of psoriasis on my scalp but the sores are all over. When I scratch my head I often scratch one and its horrible. O cant see the too of my head obviously so dont know how good or bad it is. I just put up with it basically x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems