Muscle spasms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle spasms

Postby smiffy2311 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 am

I have only been diagnosed with fm a couple of months ago but I suffer with terrible muscle spasms in my shoulders. I have had 3 in 3 months and the pain is so bad I can't get comfortable at night and it keeps me awake!! :sleep: I can barely move my arm to get dressed or do simple everyday things and it lasts for about 3 or 4 days, I'm exhausted and at the end of my tether as I can't afford any more time off work. Is this normal??
smiffy2311
UKFM Newbie

Re: Muscle spasms

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Muscle spasms are very commen in fibro but i would suggest you get this checked out to rule out a frozen shoulder just as a precaution.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby smiffy2311 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:45 pm

I have just come back from my GP who now suspects that I have rheumatoid arthritis so I am now waiting for an appointment to see the rheumatologist. :(
smiffy2311
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Its good you got checked out as we all assume many new symptoms are that of fibro but sorry to hear it could be arthritis, i hope the consultant can help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems