constant iching.....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

constant iching.....

Postby topcatt72 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi
i was wondering if any1 has had a problem with iching over the whole body due to fibro/ meds???
i have (not every day/night) experianced severe iching anywhere and everywhere on my body.....it can be very annoying especially at night when tryin to sleep as it keeps me awake and of course its very painful scratching due to the fibro but i cant help it....
some1 help as its drivin me nuts....xxx
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Re: constant iching.....

Postby art girl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:36 pm

try to keep cool, literally. and keep am eye on what you eat/drink before and itching episode.
art girl
UKFM Member

Postby lessa » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:29 am

If you are taking codeine or tramadol they can definitely cause itching, take an anti histamine to relieve it.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
lessa
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ruthyboo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:02 am

Yes I do too. I'm sat up now because I am itching all over. I scratched my foot to ribbons last night because it was so unbearable. I have just taken an anti histamine and I hope it works soon. Hate this weird awful illness xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ruthyboo
UKFM Member

Postby topcatt72 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi all.....
follow up from my previous post..... i am still experiencing severe itching all over my body.....when i scratch my skin feels like its on fire and is painfull 2 touch for up 2 bout 10mins......i did ask my doc but he couldnt say if it was due 2 fibro or meds and said id have 2 put up with it and i could ask pain clinic when i go there (not till june).....iv tried anti histomins but there not really working either :( its getting me sssooo down at mo.....does any1 else get severe itching??? If so from fibro or meds and have u/how u stop/calm down the intense itching???...... :-) :-) :-)
topcatt72
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 01, 2014 5:08 pm

I get severe itching but that because i suffer with chronic hives & angeodemia. Apart from anti-hitamines i was told like art-girl suggested to keep cool/cool shower or bath (which i cant do due to raynauds) :roll: and write a diary maybe to see if its anything you have eaten/worn/change of products like soap/shower gel/bath soaps/washing powders etc...

I do know that nerve activity can cause itching.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 pm

You have my sympathy cos I suffer from itching too, can really suggest anything that hasnt already been said, except try a soothing ointment, nothing perfumed or that dries the skin. I get diprobase prescribed and it sometimes helps sorry I cant be of anymore use :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems