Severe itching and rash

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe itching and rash

Postby joolveira » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Guys
I was only diagnosed with Fibro in October although it is suspected I've nbeen a sufferer for many years. I have always experienced itching when I'm anxious or stressed, especially on my hands, lower arms and chest. I'm currently really itchy on my hands/lower arms and feet/lower legs and have little spots/blisters that have opened and bled due to itching (sorry, it must sound gross!)
I've been taking a daily antihisthamine for several weeks and using a hydrocortizone cream on affected areas but no joy!
In the past my gp has suggested they are bites (I do have a cat who has regular flea treatment and flea collars) but I seem to be the only person in the house to get these spots/blisters/bites.
I feel like my skin is burning all over at times and am sometimes not sure if I have an itchy spot or if the spot arrives cos I've torn at my skin so much??
Can anyone offer any advice or suggestions please??
Big, gentle hugs! Jo x
joolveira
UKFM Newbie

Re: Severe itching and rash

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 pm

:welcome: to our FibroFamily Jo :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've jiffled you over to here with what you're asking about as it's a more suitable board for what you're asking about.

What you've described sounds very similar to how my skin can react when it comes into contact with something irritating and/or causes an allergic reaction. I have many, many memories of clawing at various areas until they were bleeding because of how itchy and painful they felt.

Have you changed any cleaning products, cosmetics, body sprays etc around when things started getting all spotty and yucky, or made any changes to your diet???

The one thing I have found that helps cool and ease things, to a degree anyway, is Aloe Vera gel. I just rub it into affected areas and let it work its natural magic. Whilst it isn't know to cause many problems, if you decide to look into whether it might help you, check about possible interactions with other meds and things you may be taking and using.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Severe itching and rash

Postby zappa20 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:33 am

I started tiching all over alst eyar so GP prescribed an antihistmine whihc helped a bit. the the palms of my hands and soles of my feet started tichign like mad. the Podiatrist visits me every 6 weeks and thought it could be the dreaded athletes foot . Spent a fortune on athletes foot creams and potions over the next few months but didn't work. By this time tiny blisters had formed all over the soles of my feet and were starting on my hands , so sent to Dermatologist.

Was a form of dermatitis got a name but I can't remember it . He prescribed Lotriderm, it's a bit stronger than steroid creams you can buy over the counter. Magic stuff stopped the itching practically overnight and the blisters went away in about 3 days. Have to keep applying Double Base cream basically a petrolleum jelly based cream and sometimes more courses of Lotriderm to keep dry skin which was the reeason for the itch under control.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems