Restless Legs Syndrome

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Restless Legs Syndrome

Postby Laurajojo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Does anyone else suffer with this? I had this on and off even before my fibromyalgia started. But my symptoms have increased over the last year and I get it every night now. Really struggling to sleep, only managing a couple of hours a night.
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Re: Restless Legs Syndrome

Postby tori » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 am

Hi I can fully understand and sympathise with you I get this every night also along with twitches it awful. My doc just told me it part and parcel of fibro. Xx
tori
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:04 am

Hi, I get that too and my feet get really hot. Its so annoying, its as if my legs have taken on a life of their own! Used to get it when I was pregnant with all my children, but haven't had it for years until I developed fibro.
xxxxx
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Laurajojo wrote:Does anyone else suffer with this? I had this on and off even before my fibromyalgia started. But my symptoms have increased over the last year and I get it every night now. Really struggling to sleep, only managing a couple of hours a night.

There are quite a few mentions of Restless Leg Syndrome across the boards, if you use the Search box in the top right corner of the page, it will bring up posts/topics/references to it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Laurajojo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks guys. I'm going to see my doctor again this week, but there just doesn't seem to be any effective treatment for it out there.
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Just an update in case it helps others. I was given Codeine tablets, which didn't help. Now I am on Gabapentin (300mgs). It's early days yet, but it does seem to helping a little. I believe it is also given for FM, but not really helping with the pain as yet.
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby bluejay559 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi, I was prescribed gabapentin but it 'zombified' me. I am now on ropinirole which does help but I sometimes have to top it up with a fast acting tramadol.
bluejay559
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Fibroised wrote:Hi, I get that too and my feet get really hot. Its so annoying, its as if my legs have taken on a life of their own! Used to get it when I was pregnant with all my children, but haven't had it for years until I developed fibro.
xxxxx

I get the this too any time my feet start burning. It only happens when I go to bed. Burning hot feet and restless legs. Hate it entirely! :nono:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems