Endometriosis and fibro link?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Endometriosis and fibro link?

Postby carolad » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 pm

One for the ladies...:)

I have had endometriosis for a long time and am on the mini pill Micronor to help with period pain. It has generally improved the pain although I always have a lot of irregular bleeding, which is a real nuisance! More recently though, I have had some episodes of bad period pain along with the bleeding.

Reading up about it, I came across an article which said that women with endometriosis are much more likely to develop other conditions like fibromyalgia. Does anyone else have both conditions?

I'm starting to wonder now if all my medical problems are related in some way...never considered this as a possibility before now.
carolad
UKFM Member

Re: Endometriosis and fibro link?

Postby carolad » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby lessa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:17 am

I have endo too.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
lessa
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:17 am

If you type Endometriosis into the Search box in the top right corner, references to it should come up. There have been quite a few mentions of there being a link between the 2. Whilst there hasn't been enough research to give a definite yay or nay answer regarding a link between the 2 conditions, anecdotal evidence does strongly suggest that one may exist. Like so many aspects of FM tho, it's another area that needs looking into much more to see how and why they may be linked.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems