New symptom, maybe not even connected...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New symptom, maybe not even connected...

Postby Picklepudding » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Today, I feel like I have a balloon just above my knee and every few minutes it starts throbbing like a fast pulse, but no pain, and keeps going until I move my leg or rub it. It's a horrid sensation. Any clues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: New symptom, maybe not even connected...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 pm

No ideas from me I'm afraid :-? :-? :-? If it doesn't start to settle down, or gets worse, or gives you even more cause for concern, a trip to your GP might be something to consider.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Picklepudding » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Yes, thanks, I'll leave it a few days and see if it settles down x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby catscout » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm

I get something similar when I sit with my legs on the floor, apart from the normal pain every so often I get a big pain in a knee and have to straighten the leg for it to stop.

I have my legs raised most of the time sitting as otherwise I get puffy ankles from having high blood pressure. I'm assuming the knee thing it's just another FM symptom.

It's very hard to tell what is related or not sometimes, hope this helps.

:-)
catscout
UKFM Member

Postby relf1960 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:36 pm

If it starts to hurt and swelling is visibly getting worse, get it checked for blood clots. Its important not to ignore it.
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby corinne23 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm

I have just had op on my cartledge in my knee and the pain before op sounds like yours. Go see your gp
corinne23
UKFM Newbie

Postby Cherubgirl7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm

I had the same thing happen to me about six months ago. My friend was here when it happened and took me to the doctors. I have housemaids knee! Sounds like it could be that.
Cherubgirl7
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems