Gallstones

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Gallstones

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Thanks and good to hear your ok now :-D

I saw my GP this morning and hes doing a referal to the consultant. He said he couldnt do any emergancy cases but what i could do was to write him a letter explaining how bad i am and how everything gets effected by the gallstones and he would send it on to the consultant for consideration for an urgant case so thats what im doing now.

What made me laugh as he took on look at me and said that loosing weight would help and my reply was that it was loosing weight that had actually caused the damm things!! :roll:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby sunnyem23 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi Lisa,

I really feel for you. The pain is excruciating and having had the surgery, it is such a relief not to suffer the bad attacks and end up in the hospital UTC.

How often are your attacks? And which area of the UK are you being treated in? I was lucky to be referred whilst living in London and the whole process was relatively quick. My op was at St. Mary's Hospital.

Just to give you an idea of what to expect after your referral...After my first appointment with the consultant, I gave all my details, got referred for blood tests and an ultrasound. This reconfirmed that my GB wall was chronically inflamed w/possible sludge (I know,gross). I then had an endoscopy done to rule out stomach ulcers.

PS. In response to your final sentence about losing weight, my favourite piece of advice from the GP was "take an antacid". I don't think that would have helped unless it contained Morphine!!
sunnyem23
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi,

In the beginning my attacks were a few times a day until i realised there was a pattern going on with the same foods i ate. Then it was a few times a week. Then i sort of knew before i had the ultrasound it could be gallstones as GP also thought so, so i researched and cut back on fatty foods but seemed to be able to in take some goodies but then i also noticed it was also volume of food that started off attacks.

Then it became everything i ate and drank :roll: so had to really change everything in my diet :( so as of today its no fizzy drinks no chocci or any goodies, no fried foods, no fatty foods... etc

Im looking at fat content in everything i eat and im now only eating things like plain jacket potatoes (no butter) with tuna. Rivita topped with ham and tomato, cereal and cuppa pastas. So not much at all.

My weight is being monitored (but do need to loose) and its going down.

Since being VERY strict and making sure i take an ant-acid each morning iv not had one for a few weeks :fingerscrossed:

Its hard work tho as im on such a limited diet, im hungry all the time, the portion sizes are that of a childs and cannot touch any goodies at all :( and im grouchy lol. Saying that my fatigue has improved, im loosing weight and general feeling healthier so being ill is doing me good else where.

Just sooooo wanting a big greesy big mac and fries :scream-1:

On a bad note my anxiety with it all has triggered off really badly and having many ectopic heartbeats also. GP has doubled my anxiety meds :shock:

Im in Hertfordshire, saw GP 2 weeks back and not had any letter through yet about a consultation date.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems