Pins and needles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins and needles

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm sorry if I've asked this before but I can't remember .i have pins and needles in my shoulder at back of neck.can last an hour or maybe days.im also dizzy offen and feel like I. Walking sideway.i no I need to talk to dr but I read it can be a sign of MS.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Pins and needles

Postby dejay » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:24 pm

I also have pins and needles, but mine are in hands feet and legs, then they feel numb like when have a needle to have a tooth out,( if you know what I mean )I have spoke to my dr But he said its to do with my arthritis , perhaps you should speak to your dr because the dizzy spells could be a ear infection or just some ear wax ,and its better to know than worry about it.love to all
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:44 pm

Pins and needles can be associated with FM, and also MS and a whole host of other conditions/problems. The dizziness can also be associated with FM, as well as other things such as what dejay has mentioned.

I have problems with both issues. The pins and needles are thought to be due to my old neck injury many, many, many years ago. Plus I've noticed an increase in them, as well as the pain in my hands and feet since being dx'd with diabetes 3 years ago. The dizziness has been put down to migraines for me.

It's definitely worth having both problems checked out due to the number of possibilities behind them. It may be completely unrelated to FM and turn out to be something that is easily sorted for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hazely » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi the dizziness and pins and needles could be side effects of meds if you are on any I would check out the leaflets that come with them. I get pins and needles and numbness in my hands, feet, neck and face it has been put down to fibro. As others have said get it checked out with the gp just to make sure.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby jezebellow » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi There,

Pins and needles can be due to inflammation around the nerve path. Are your tender spots more tender around the site when you experience this? Always best to get it checked out by your healthcare professional though! Don't worry and keep well hydrated without overdoing it. Good luck.
jezebellow
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Dr ringing me tomorrow so will have a chat .my dad just been told he has RA. So someone else who knows what I'm feeling like.im talking to another dr as my dr puts everything down to fibro .and after 3 years I think a test or two isn't a lot to ask for.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems