falling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

falling

Postby redhead2403 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi a quick question has any one experienced falling and hurting themselves more often , since new year iv had a fractured wrist and now have over stretched ligaments in my knee after another fall , plus I have had irregular heartbeats and ended up in a & e with a suspected heart attack last weekend , I know it's not my meds as iv had them for ages and no problems can anyone help or suggest anything thanks xx
sally
redhead2403
UKFM Newbie

Re: falling

Postby denys » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:46 pm

I have had a number of falls which is why I use a stick to help me with my balance, the worst are generally down the stairs so I go very slowly and carefully now to try to avoid falling

Your irregular heart beat wont be anything to do with fibro though, never seen it mentioned in any of the lists of symptoms or associated conditions :?: :?: :?: I would go and see your GP and ask them to check it out
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 pm

I find. Myself at the bottom of the stairs at times. I don't remember falling but my tailbone sure remembers. I stumble a lot also
When I had the accident at work I fell going up the stairs. I ran up the stairs, hit my head on a overhead pipe and then went back down.

I also fall as I go up the stairs. I am not sure if something locks and doesn't let me get to the next step. I stumble when we go walking sometimes. I try to remember my cane or hiking sticks.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:33 am

redhead2403 wrote:Hi a quick question has any one experienced falling and hurting themselves more often , since new year iv had a fractured wrist and now have over stretched ligaments in my knee after another fall , plus I have had irregular heartbeats and ended up in a & e with a suspected heart attack last weekend , I know it's not my meds as iv had them for ages and no problems can anyone help or suggest anything thanks xx

Did the a&be arrange a follow up appointment with Cardiology or suggest you speak to your GP about it. There's many reasons behind cardiac arrhythmia's, some need further test and some are classed as being ok to have. Amitrytiline is a medication which can cause irregular heartbeats to start up.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems