Is there any current research.....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is there any current research.....

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:42 am

into what conditions and illnesses Fibro can lead to? Hi, I am new here and desperately trying to get as much information as I can. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago and then just ignored. I was not given any help, just some painkillers. No information pack, nothing. I have joined several boards and have privately done research, but this is a subject I cannot find any information on. It seems that we all have a variety of underlying conditions that go hand in hand with Fibro, but what about what Fibro can cause? I saw some talk of a possible MS link, and that concerns me, obviously, (I had an MRI performed about 18 months ago due to debilitating headaches, and they did find one lesion). Has anyone else seen any research? I would appreciate any information that you have.
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Is there any current research.....

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 am

I wouldnt say i have researched but i do know by info from my physio and my own health since fibro that it can lead to Osteoarthritis.

I can only go on myself in this little bit of findings but am sure it will also effect others.

I suffer with chronic dibilitating muscle stiffness that gels around my joints. My joints have to work harder and so for me it has lead on to wear & tare of the joints (im only 39!)

I have osteoarthritis of the spine and knees because of fibro and im sure my neck is not right either but dread the MRI machine so wont go in there to see :shock:

Fibro stiffness has also cause prolapsed discs in the back which has lead onto sciatica.

My spine is being bent/curved by the muscle spasms and stiffness :roll:

I also feel fibro can cause chronic fatigue syndrome as the body is constantly battling with pain and sleep disturbances, mental health disorders like anxiety and depression

It cause TMJ / Costochondritis. In fact is causes many associated conditions

I cannot say whether fibro leads onto MS although both can go together same as Lupus & Tyroid.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems